What color is the YI ELD sign? Yield Sign Means Use Alternate Route. Ramp goes up and dumps into an intersection. A yield sign means, you do not have the right of way. To make a present of: We gave her flowers for her birthday. yield Most people don’t realize that driving in Japan is a way to experience much more hidden beauty than one could expect. It means slow down, defer to oncoming traffic, stop if necessary, and proceed when it’s safe to do so. The key being you do not have the right of way. It’s used as a warning sign that there may be something up ahead that requires you to slow down and be cautious of your surroundings. Rate this symbol: (5.00 / 5 votes) Traffic yield sign… What Does A Yield Sign Really Mean? SmartRoutes reporter Dorothy Krysiuk lays it all out. A driver who stops or slows down to let another vehicle through has yielded the right of way to that vehicle. Other then regularly scheduled updates I don't recall doing anything different. 2. Of all the traffic signs that people see on a daily basis, there is the most confusion about what a yield sign actually looks like. Anonymous. Yield signs are a little trickier to grasp. Latest Stories. 1. In fact, while Japan’s subway (metro) and train systems are among the best in the world, when it comes to reaching rural areas the easiest way to do it is by car. June 9, 2011, 3:15 AM. Some drivers are confused by yield signs on the highway. :| Here's a picture...Basically has a ton of traffic coming off of the interstate on an exit ramp. Yield sign, a traffic sign; Yield, a feature of a coroutine in computer programming; Yield, an element of the TV series The Amazing Race; This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Yield. admin | November 25, 2019. There is a difference between a “Yield” sign and a “Stop” sign. Yield Sign This page is about the meaning, origin and characteristic of the symbol, emblem, seal, sign, logo or flag: Yield Sign. I have lost track of how many times I had to lock up my brakes on Air Base Parkway and the North Texas Street. Buy small cap dividend stocks. Yield definition, to give forth or produce by a natural process or in return for cultivation: This farm yields enough fruit to meet all our needs. Yield – This sign is meant to alert you to any upcoming hazards, road conditions, or oncoming traffic (there are signs which signal for you to yield prior to merging to avoid accidents). Many of these places are somewhat difficult to reach with public transportation alone. ing , gives v. tr. Yesterday, if someone would have walked up to me and asked me what color a yield sign is, I would have told them without hesitation that they are YELLOW. When asked what color is a yield sign, quite a large number of people respond that they believe that it is yellow. Learn more. Yield Signs = Slow Down, But Stop When Necessary. In contrast, a stop sign requires each driver to stop completely before proceeding, whether or not other traffic is present. When approaching a yield sign, drivers must give the right-of-way to traffic already in the lanes that they intend to enter or cross. The sign was established as a point-down equilateral triangle with black legend and border on a yellow background. A circular sign warns of a railroad crossing. Answer Statistics 11.63 % of our users get this question wrong. To give forth by a natural process, especially by cultivation: a field that yields many bushels of corn. Drivers should be prepared to stop when approaching a yield sign but may continue without stopping if there is no conflicting traffic. When you see a yield sign you must yield to the traffic already on the road. So, I was exiting a freeway and onto an expressway. Learn more. What Does Yield Mean in Driving? The yield sign means you do not have the right of way but have no reason to stop unless traffic means you can not safely merge. Stay safe by learning how to respond to a yield sign. A red traffic sign either signals you to stop your vehicle or prohibits entry. In case you thought we have a pretty narrow perspective on the market, here is a thought. Before you scratch your head and determine that I have finally lost my marbles, let me explain. What does the yield traffic sign mean? (Right of way means “That space at that time”) You can enter without stopping if there are no cyclists, pedestrians, or vehicles already on the road. If you find yourself scratching your head to decipher a traffic sign, study up. 1 decade ago. b. The fact is, however, that standard yield … If you’ve driven for any length of time, especially if your driving involves heavily-traveled federal or state highways, you have surely encountered signs that say Yield.What you may not know is: what does a yield sign mean exactly, and how did it wind up being placed on your road? I get so frustrated with people who blatantly ignore a yield sign. Hello Folks, A couple of weeks ago I started getting the yellow yield sign (limited connectivity) when starting up Outlook 2010. A yield sign means that you must slow down and yield the right-of-way to traffic in the intersection or roadway you are entering. Yield Sign. Additional regulatory signs are octagons for stop and inverted triangles for yield. It means look at all intersecting roads and prepare to stop if necessary to let a driver on another road approach. Maybe the problem is that they don’t know how to read. The Independent. It is recommended to slow down as you approach and pass a yield sign. 1. a. See more. Cramer said the flashing yellow arrow means drivers must yield to oncoming traffic and those who have a yield sign must enter traffic with caution. When you are facing a yield sign, you must give the right of way to the traffic on the thru road.