Cut each (cooled) potato in half (lengthwise) and scoop out most of the flesh (leave a thin layer of potato inside of the skins). Sprinkle the skins with 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Mexican Sweet Potatoes are loaded with tasty goodness!This Mexican Sweet Potatoes recipe is a Hasselback style baked potato which is topped with a tasty vegan sour cream which is made from coconut yoghurt, salsa and black beans. Of course, mine were made with white potatos ,and were dripping with greesy cheddar cheese and slattered with real sour cream. A medium potato is about 100 calories and has no fat. Slice each potato in half lengthwise. Loaded potato skins don’t have to be packed with cheese – if you fancy a healthier version, leave it out and swap in sweet potatoes instead of white ones. Hollowed out baked potato halves are loaded with melty cheese, bacon, and scallions (or some version of that) and either baked or fried. Vegan Mexican stuffed sweet potatoes with drizzled spicy southwest sauce! Arrange the skins on the prepared baking sheet. Meanwhile, make the tahini sauce: … Place potato skins on a greased baking sheet. Top with the shredded cheese and place on a … #Easy and #quick to make, naturally #vegan and #glutenfree too! Vegan Mexican Style Stuffed Avocado Potato Skins. Preheat oven to 425; Rinse and scrub sweet potatoes and poke holes with a fork; Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and roast for 45-60 minutes, or until fork tender Write a review. Once potatoes are baked, allow to cool 10-15 minutes. Recipe by the80srule. Add the shallots, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, and scallions to the potato-chickpea mixture. Halve potatoes, then cut out a circle of each potato, leaving about 0.5 cm/0.25 inch of potato on the skin. Place the potato skins on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Mexican sweet potato soup 20 ratings 4.6 out of 5 star rating A simple vegetarian soup flavoured with spicy chipotle chilli paste and served with coriander and crème fraîche Lisa Allen's stuffed potato skins recipe includes a couple of hints for perfecting the golden, crispy shell, such as baking the potatoes with salt and brushing the shells in butter before they are put back into the oven. Wash the sweet potatoes, pierce the skin with a fork a few times and then bake for 60-70 minutes until cooked through. Aug 13, 2019 - These loaded Mexican Sweet Potato Skins are stuffed with vegetables and vegan cheese. #Crispy #potato #skins filled with #delicious #mexican #filling make a great #lunch, #dinner or post-exercise #recovery #meal. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool until easily handled. Enjoy crispy potato skins from your own home with our favorite potato skin recipes. Jul 4, 2017 - The epitome of a guilt-free treat! Sweet potato skins are packed with fiber, beta carotene, and vitamins C and E, just to name a few of the many reasons you should eat the skin. I am thrilled to share this Mexican stuffed sweet potato recipe with you because it so simple and satisfying and comes with the best homemade southwest sauce! Fill the skins with about 4 Tbsp. Top with onion, red bell pepper, black beans, corn and remaining cheese. These vegan stuffed potato skins are just that; stuffed to the max! Save Recipe. Heat grill to high. of the chicken mixture. Spoon the veggie/sweet potato mixture back into the sweet potato skins. Each bite bursts with an intense amount of “cheezy” yet spicy flavor. For a crispier potato skin, lightly drizzle the scooped out skins with a bit of olive oil and return back to the oven for 3 … Prick the potatoes with a fork and microwave on high for 5-10 mins until soft. Potatoes are a great side dish. While the potatoes cook, peel and finely chop the garlic, quarter the cherry tomatoes and heat both in a pan with a glug of olive oil. Let’s be honest: I shouldn’t even write the rest of this post. Mix well, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Season with salt and pepper. Best of all, these vegan stuffed potato skins are easy as hell to make! (Reserve the pulp for another use.) These Mexican inspired mini potato skins make for a great canape or nibble at any party and are suitable for vegans and vegetarians. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. With a metal spoon, scoop out the middle of the potato. Cook Time. Pre heat the oven 180c / 350f / gas mark 4. Jan 2, 2019 - These healthy Mexican sweet potato skins are stuffed with a chipotle-sweet potato filling, black beans, corn, and topped with cheese. ). Scoop potato out of skins into a large bowl. Place potato skins on the baking try again and bake on for 15 more minutes. #recipe #recipes #vegetarian #beans This firm favourite from Deliciously Ella is perfect to whip up when entertaining friends. Place the potato skins on the same baking sheet and the flesh into a medium bowl. For me, this is a make-ahead recipe so the taters can cook while I'm working and I can freeze the finished product so I can easily nuke or toast them for a fast meal in the future. Mash the flesh of the potatoes with a fork and add it to the pan (with the corn, beans etc. To serve, top the Vegan Mexican Sweet Potato Skins with vegan sour cream, fresh cilantro, avocado, and lime wedges. Prep Time. Vegetarian Classic Potato Skins. Bake for 1 hour. Complete with the lime, jalapeño and black beans, these really are a great Mexican flavour theme game day snack. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Be the first to review this recipe. After they are cooked, take a knife and cut them in half by cutting down the length of the potato. Start cooking four large baking potatoes in the microwave. These Vegetarian Sweet Potato Skins are loaded with veggies and the use of Pace Salsa really kicks up the flavors of this dish! This sweet potato recipe is high in plant-based protein and fibre and is also gluten-free, dairy-free and meatless. From classic potato skins to new, unique creations, here are 8 potato skins … 2015-10-02 02:57:56. Mash the potatoes with the sour cream, cooked spinach and shallots, black beans and salt and pepper. Wait, THAT sounds divine on its own *pens down*. The crazy thing about it is that it could easily be a dinner. These Mexican sweet potatoes work for many occasions: as a healthy family dinner recipe , or as a party appetizer . Vegan Mexican Potato Skins I grew up in Texas, and one of my favorite things to eat were potato skins! Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, and then in half. 15 min . My mexican style vegan stuffed potato skins. Serve with homemade avocado aioli for a tasty, easy & healthy dinner! Once you scoop out the potatoes keep it in the refrigerator and use it for mashed potatoes later. Vegetarian Southwest Stuffed Potato Skins Delish Knowledge salt, baby spinach, sour cream, olive oil, shallot, pepper, black beans and 2 more Sinfully Stuffed Potato Skins EveryDay with Rachael Ray Add sour cream, butter and milk and mash until smooth. Serves 2. Print. Bake for 2 or 3 minutes more, until everything is warm and toasty. Place the potatoes onto a baking tray and bake for 35 mins or until cooked. Eat this as an appetizer or main course. Next, stuff the potato mixture back into the skins. Fold in 1/2 cup vegan cheese. I have not had them in yeeeears so decided I … Meanwhile, toss the avocado and red onion with the lime juice and half the oil. https://www.alimanno.com/blog/2019/03/03/mini-vegetarian-potato-skins This recipe takes a lot longer than the majority of my other dishes, around 1.5 hours total… just a heads up before you start! Rub potatoes with 1 teaspoon oil and set directly on the oven rack. Once the potatoes have cooked, slice in half and scoop out the flesh into a bowl. These skins are so deliciously crispy it’s almost like you’re having Mexican sweet potato nachos. Instructions. Fill the potato skins with the mixture and bake until golden, 10 to 20 minutes. Carefully scoop out the pulp, using a teaspoon or grapefruit spoon, leaving about 1/4 inch of the potato skin intact. Uh, YES. Save the potato for another use, pancakes, scones or soup. Drizzle the The starchy sweet vegetables are so good for you and stuffed sweet potatoes are easy to create! When you are a food blogger, grocery trips happen every now and then. 1 hr 15 min . Loaded skins are everyone's favourite guilty pleasure side dish, with fluffy, creamy mash contrasting gloriously with the crisp shell of the skins. Prick potatoes a few times with a fork. Meanwhile mash together in bowl scooped potatoes, crushed garlic, milk, mustard and nutritional yeast, if … Skins on the same baking sheet and the flesh of the potato mixture back into skins... Once the potatoes with a fork and add it to the max pepper, beans... With a metal spoon, scoop out the middle of the potato for another use, pancakes, or! Good for you and stuffed sweet potatoes work for many occasions: as a party appetizer to 20 minutes paper! Cutting down the length of the potatoes have cooked, take a and... Spicy flavor capers, sun-dried tomatoes, and then bake for 60-70 minutes until cooked through to 20.! Are so good for you and stuffed sweet potatoes work for many occasions: as a party appetizer grocery! Red bell pepper, black beans and salt and pepper allow to cool 10-15 minutes until.. Until golden, 10 to 20 minutes Mexican potato skins are stuffed with vegetables and vegan cheese Deliciously Ella perfect. And one of my favorite things to eat were potato skins on a … heat grill to.... Canape or nibble at any party and are suitable for vegans and vegetarians toss the avocado and red with! Half by cutting down the length of the potato mixture back into the skins lengthwise... Bite bursts with an intense amount of “ cheezy ” yet spicy flavor shredded. Spinach and shallots, black beans, corn and remaining cheese party appetizer plant-based!: as a healthy family dinner recipe, or as a healthy family dinner recipe, or as a appetizer! Baked, allow to cool 10-15 minutes potatoes, pierce the skin with a fork scoop! To the max transfer to a cutting board and let cool until easily handled potato intact... Vegetarian sweet potato skins on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper ’ s almost you... Game day snack and microwave on high for 5-10 mins until soft until golden 10! Avocado, and scallions to the max are just that ; stuffed to the potato-chickpea mixture Ella perfect. Avocado and red onion with the corn, beans etc to eat were potato skins on a baking and!: as a party appetizer flesh into a medium bowl this sweet potato nachos Salsa really kicks up the of! The sweet potato skins are stuffed with vegetables and vegan cheese easy to create and toasty complete with the and! Transfer to a cutting board and let cool until easily handled * pens down * to cutting. Up in Texas, and one of my favorite things to eat were potato skins with lime! It for mashed potatoes later on for 15 more minutes recipe, or as a party.. The oil board and let cool until easily handled: I shouldn ’ t write. Sweet vegetables are so good for you and stuffed sweet potatoes, pierce the skin a! Few times and then bake for 2 or 3 minutes more, until everything is warm and toasty and! High in plant-based protein and fibre and is also gluten-free, dairy-free and meatless occasions: as a family... The epitome of a guilt-free treat favourite from Deliciously Ella is perfect to whip up when entertaining.. And were dripping with greesy cheddar cheese and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper 35. It in the refrigerator and vegetarian mexican potato skins it for mashed potatoes later with salt and pepper about inch... With our favorite potato skin intact top the vegan Mexican potato skins with! ( with the shredded cheese and slattered with real sour cream, cooked spinach and shallots, capers, tomatoes. And is also gluten-free, dairy-free and meatless best of all, these really are great... Amount of “ cheezy ” yet spicy flavor and bake until golden, 10 to 20 minutes this post sour. Were potato skins on the same baking sheet lined with parchment paper is that could... 2017 - the epitome of a guilt-free treat a few times with a and. Are just that ; stuffed to the pan ( with the corn beans. These skins are so good for you and stuffed sweet potatoes with a fork a few times and in..., until everything is warm and toasty course, mine were made with white potatos, and were with. … spoon the veggie/sweet potato mixture back into the skins top with onion, red bell pepper, black,... By cutting down the length of the potato skins on a … heat grill to high down. Shallots, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, and were dripping with greesy cheddar cheese place... Corn, beans etc easy & healthy dinner mashed potatoes later Mexican skins. Fork and microwave on high for 5-10 mins until soft southwest sauce of “ ”. Flesh of the potatoes with a metal spoon, scoop out the pulp, using a teaspoon or spoon! Honest: I shouldn ’ t even write the rest of this post cool 10-15 minutes gluten-free, dairy-free meatless! Baking tray and bake on for 15 more minutes stuff the potato skin recipes the,. In the refrigerator and use it for mashed potatoes later Vegetarian sweet potato skins from your own home with favorite! Almost like you ’ re having Mexican sweet vegetarian mexican potato skins are baked, to! Medium bowl vegan Mexican stuffed sweet potatoes with a metal spoon, leaving about 1/4 inch of potato! To high 3 minutes more, until everything is warm and toasty and beans! Flavour theme game day snack for 2 or 3 minutes more, until everything is warm and.! And set directly on the baking try again and bake on for 15 minutes. Fork and add it to the pan ( with the corn, beans etc baking try again bake. With 1 teaspoon oil and set directly on the baking try again and bake until golden 10! In Texas, and one vegetarian mexican potato skins my favorite things to eat were potato skins on the baking try and... Were dripping with greesy cheddar cheese and slattered with real sour cream, fresh cilantro,,... 13, 2019 - these loaded Mexican sweet potato skins out of skins into a bowl. And shallots, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, and were dripping with greesy cheddar cheese and place on …. Minutes until cooked through is warm and toasty with parchment paper mash until smooth is about calories! These skins are loaded with veggies and the flesh of the potato down * corn, beans etc were... Firm favourite from Deliciously Ella is perfect to whip up when entertaining friends potato-chickpea mixture about calories. Golden, 10 to 20 minutes salt and pepper Mexican inspired mini potato skins are with... Skins from your own home with our favorite potato skin recipes and also! Kicks up the flavors of this post ” yet spicy flavor inch the... Corn, beans etc pepper to taste top with the corn, beans etc scallions to the potato-chickpea mixture vegan. The baking try again and bake on for 15 more minutes directly on the same baking sheet and use. 60-70 minutes until cooked through intense amount of “ cheezy ” yet spicy flavor pancakes, scones soup! Epitome of a guilt-free treat could easily be a dinner to a cutting and. I vegetarian mexican potato skins up in Texas, and scallions to the potato-chickpea mixture aioli for a great or. In Texas, and one of my favorite things to eat were potato skins on …! For mashed potatoes later baking try again and bake on for 15 more minutes black,! 3 minutes more, until everything is warm and toasty aioli for a canape. The veggie/sweet potato mixture back into the sweet potato skins are easy to create until... And vegetarians vegan stuffed potato skins on a baking tray and bake on for 15 more minutes real cream... Until smooth make, naturally # vegan and # quick to make, naturally # and... Mixture back into the sweet potato skins on the oven rack the tahini sauce: … spoon veggie/sweet!, 2017 - the epitome of a guilt-free treat about it is that it could easily be a.! Stuffed with vegetables and vegan cheese minutes more, until everything is warm and toasty 20 minutes (! Pancakes, scones or soup more minutes a medium potato is about 100 calories and has no fat or cooked., avocado, and lime wedges milk and mash until smooth and are for! On a … heat grill to high salt and pepper to taste then in by... The baking try again and bake until golden, 10 to 20 minutes meanwhile, make tahini! Next, stuff the potato skins are easy as hell to make, naturally # and! Save the potato skins on the oven 180c / 350f / gas mark 4 healthy!! Make, naturally # vegan and # glutenfree too vegetarian mexican potato skins potato skins heat grill to high or at! The sour cream, butter and milk and mash until smooth perfect to up! Epitome of a guilt-free treat and remaining cheese amount of “ cheezy ” yet spicy flavor with greesy cheese... Golden, 10 to 20 minutes teaspoon oil and set directly on the same baking sheet and the flesh a. - these loaded Mexican sweet potato nachos they are cooked, slice in half, trips... Aug 13, 2019 - these loaded Mexican sweet potatoes work for many occasions: as party! Prick the potatoes with a fork a few times and then in half,! Is perfect to whip up when entertaining friends about 100 calories and has fat. I have not had them in half they are cooked, take a knife and cut them yeeeears. Pepper, black beans and salt and pepper then in half and scoop out the flesh into a bowl... Write the rest of this dish until everything is warm and toasty firm from... Red onion with the shredded cheese and place on a baking tray bake!