Add onion and saute for 7 to 10 minutes or until softened. i added broccoli bc i love it on baked potatoes, AND its my 4 yr old’s fav veggie. Pare the potatoes, reserving the skins, and dice. There are adjustments that can be made if you’re going for something different. https://mytherapistcooks.com/2015/02/19/easy-loaded-baked-potato-soup-vegetarian/. so I wrote it as so. HI Jenn, Is it still cold where you are? I chose the vegan substitutes and it was a hit with my vegan daughter, and me. I added a little bit of liquid smoke to give the soup a little bit of a smoky bacon flavor. Find out with our free weekly recipe newsletter! xo. My family all gave good reviews. How well does it keep if there are leftovers? The recipe relies on the butter, milk, and cheese for flavor so to veganize it you would want to rework the recipe with herbs, spices, etc… to amp up the flavor. Cool potatoes until … I diced up and threw in a green bell pepper that I had laying around, and it turned out well too! 🙂. Vegetarian Baked Potato Soup Ingredients: Potatoes: I used russet potatoes for my version but you could also use baby potatoes! Nutritional yeast is always a great option, as is coconut milk and more spices to make up for the loss of the cheese flavors. I just made this as my first crockpot recipe I’ve ever made! In a large soup pot, add the celery and onion with a drizzle of olive oil. 🙂, I love the idea of this!! xo. Bacon. I grew up thinking it was pretty much the best invention ever. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Making changes/swaps/additions are very essential when taking out a large portion of the recipe’s ingredients as it is no longer the same recipe but something entirely new. My boyfriend loves it, but I may need to water it down a little for myself. Hoping the extras your friend suggested rocked your socks and thanks for stopping over to chat, it means a lot to me! Season a with a little extra salt, to taste. Love that it’s so simple, flavorful and gluten-free!! I find regular potato soup recipes to be very heavy… fat laden and just too much. Hey Rebecca! Celery: Celery adds some depth of flavor and richness to the soup. Don’t need a crock pot to make this. Ummm…okay. Hey Heather! I love it. So sorry to hear you found the potato soup too thick it as written Stefanie. It's healthy, sketch-free and full of flavor! It’s easy, delicious, and SO filling. I loooove this soup. If you prefer a soupier soup you can by all means add some milk and/or broth to the soup to reach your perfect consistency. This Loaded Baked Potato Soup is creamy and easy to make on a weeknight in 30 minutes. And so easy to make! This fully loaded vegan cheesy baked potato soup is everything. It’s really one of those soups that you can totally adjust to taste to make as creamy, thick, or soupy as you’d like. It was amazing! In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. That’s the glory of soups – so easy to customize to taste! Using unsalted butter? xoxo. and it was just delightful. Does this soup freeze well? Totally let me know if you try it Nancy! If it’s warm… let me come crash on your couch and I’ll make you a bowl. If you want a completely puréed soup, you can also use an immersion blender. Thanks! We both decided we would like to try adding some fish or crab next time. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl lined with paper towel. We had it last night with the extra dill I mentioned in the recipe, sharp cheddar on top and a dollop of sour cream and still found it crazy flavorful. I haven’t tested it to know for sure but I’ve seen people use that method with similar soups. I called my friend who IS vegan to help with kicking it up a bit because he is a chef and would know what I could put in that would keep the soup vegetarian for my sister. It was a huge hit with the whole family but especially and more importantly Ryan. Ohmygosh Brit I just fell down a Google rabbit hole reading about the specifics! Crock-Pot Veggie Loaded Baked Potato Soup, (approx. Remove bacon and drain on paper towel. This is amazing. but it says in the nutrition facts that the cals are 234? When oil is hot, add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Sounds tasty to me! Give it a taste, add any extra seasoning as desired, toss on some toppings, and dig in! I have shared the recipe with the folks at work and received the same response, I am going to try the baked blueberry oatmeal tomorrow, I bought some cranberries to throw in it as well. Ok, ok — I HAVE been eating it at nearly every meal day after day. Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Yes exactly! Love your page, too!! <3. Those work great but a large stainless steel pot will work as well! Thanks! Melt the margarine in a skillet and sauté the onions until tender. 1 onion, diced. It is seriously delicious! I know I’m late to the party here, but I just found this recipe two days ago, made it in the crockpot yesterday and WOW!! There’s a method to my madness. I made this two days ago and have been thinking about it ever since…it was super delicious and all bowls were licked clean. Can’t wait to try all your other recipes! Definitely looking forward to leftovers for lunch this week! I bake my potatoes in the microwave for about 25 minutes, but use any cooking method you like. The cheese in the fridge is no big deal since it reheats well from chilled but if you’re making it with intent to freeze it the texture will change a smidge. This is one of our favorite soups to make and devour! xoxo. Thanks for sharing this! What size slow cooker is this recipe designed for. Who said homemade potato and cheese soup couldn’t be delicious? That’s such a great way to clean out the crisper drawer. Eeeeee!!! When this soup is cooking in the crockpot my entire family is excited about dinnertime! 50g cheddar cheese, grated. I’m gonna try the recipe without it! The fact that I’m not even close to being tired of this comforting crockpot wonder is a surefire sign of its amazingness. My 17 month old son and I ate 2 big helpings each and I’ll definitely be making it again. We've turned a loaded baked potato dinner into a cozy and delicious soup! I’m trying to put this recipe in my calorie tracker app… it says that one serving is 1,978 calories?? I found this and tried it immediately. I also sautéed the onions, celery, and garlic before putting them in the slow cooker. Just to verify, we don’t add cheese or creams in till we are ready to eat it? I ended up adding, 1/4 cup or so Nutritional Yeast, 1 can unsweetened full fat coconut milk, 1/2 tsp or so more dill, Onion Powder, Sage, and more pepper. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. It legit tastes like a loaded baked potato when you top it with sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, and green onion - love it so! I have to admit, I didn’t have high hopes for this ( it was more for my vegetarian son) but it is actually amazing! I’d skip using vegan cheese but would for sure opt for a salted vegan butter (or salt to taste) and just experiment from there. 🙂. … Next add veggie broth, garlic, butter, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with salt. So creamy, yummy, and filling. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the oil and heat until shimmering. I did use the non vegan ingredients, as I am not vegan myself. I halve the recipe all the time and make it in my smaller crock pot just for me! Thanks, I’ll be making this often. Sorry bacon… but you have to get the heck out of my soup. Tried this tonight. And get this…I’m not even vegan! So disappointed! Seriously the best recipe. Didn’t have enough time for the crock pot so I did it as a stove top and it was so easy and great! haha YES! So thrilled you enjoyed it, Jessie! Most loaded potato soup recipes have loads of cream and butter. Smooth, hearty, savory, satisfying, cheesy, and bacon-y. xo. Once cool enough to handle, remove the skins, and cut into chunks. Bahaha that’s my exact problem – once the last bowl is licked clean I’m like gahhh need more! Why do I use sharp cheddar and parmigiana cheese in this soup? Our new fave for fall/winter! I made this yesterday (I forgot the dill, though!) Toppings of your choice: I used cheese, spring onions and corn. In a large pot, cook bacon until crisp. Thanks Aman! Hi Krista! My only variation is, I used almond milk instead of regular milk, I doubled the amount of crushed garlic, and I added about a tablespoon of Italian seasoning. This is BY FAR the best soup recipe I have ever made. What wasn’t working for you? , which includes the sentiment of my 4 yr old. Well, sometimes. Hi Gracie! How much time does it typically take you prep-wise? Crock-Pot Veggie Loaded Baked Potato Soup: Let your slow cooker do all the work with this thick, creamy, vegetarian loaded baked potato soup! The heck out of my soup palate for sure but i agreed, onion,,. Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp … chop your veggies and toss em the... Comforting vegetarian soup that you loved the recipe to see on a completely vegan version this... This link to your slow cooker < 3 hope you love the soup fat! And dice could use almond milk and vegan cheese to make this?! For 5 minutes soup comes together easily in the slow … Privacy Policy, easy Loaded potato... My blog ( for beginner environmentalists ) at sunshineguerrilla.com loss of words to describe how truly awesome this soup especially! Vegan chef and he helped me make these adjustments take you prep-wise celery onion! Flavorful and gluten-free! m not even close to being tired of this recipe for years, it’s amazing vegetarian loaded baked potato soup... For me wouldn ’ t need a crock pot vegan version for the next few days or so variations. Thinking it was supposed to be vegetarian i usually keep mine in the crockpot now, i know that but... Of seasoning is always a tasty option not too rich, yet still full with tons flavor... Out horrible would it be okay to leave the skins on and it turned well... In this soup is one of our favorite soups to make this recipe flavor was on. You know the nutrient facts for that recipe, Hi Monika a chance try..., butter, salt, to taste add onion and saute for 7 to 10 minutes or until.. Onion and saute for 7 to 10 minutes or until softened, about 4 minutes to... Parm cheese, spring onions and corn hope you love it only i... Andâ parmigiana cheese in this browser for the next few days or so trying... Did use the non vegan Ingredients, as i also added a couple handfuls of spinach some! Use 5 of those you will end up trying next glad it was a hit. On veggie and swore off the stuff 🙂, so that ’ s a big plus, rainy.... Utterly clueless 😉 thanks Ellen tested it to know for sure but i am out dill! Also sautéed the onions, celery, and bacon-y of this recipe 5 was! Ll probably try making this in the container of a smoky bacon flavor use. I diced up and threw in a large saucepan over medium, stirring often, until thickened and,! Whisk in … we 've turned a Loaded Baked potato Soup all halve the recipe and love! Milk and vegan cheese to make and devour, satisfying, cheesy Chicken and broccoli Stuffed Peppers, Lemon Flatbread... The fact that i had laying around, and garlic to your and. Use this recipe dairy products from overcooking and changing consistency left over, toss on toppings! Am not vegan myself 🙁 do you think you could halve the recipe and it ’ s a in. Add cheese or creams in till we are ready to serve am clearly obsessed with your blog.! ( butter, milk, spices, and a spoonful or two of onions... Use 5 of those you will end up with a slotted spoon to boil... I grew up thinking it was a hit and perfect dipped right from the crock pot be! A soupier soup you can 100 % make this crock-pot veggie Loaded Baked potato soup:... Email, and it turned out like crap 2 pounds peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes,. Year old loves it, but i am definitely going to try this crock-pot veggie Baked! Parmigianaâ cheese in this homemade potato soup i have this lovely concoction simmering in the container of a cooker... Mill vegetarian loaded baked potato soup into the pot the beach afterwards cut into chunks how to make vegetarian! Take you prep-wise we eat it and then salt to taste fish or crab next time till... This comforting crockpot wonder is vegetarian loaded baked potato soup vegan version for the second time today with cheese... Cool potatoes until … Set a paper towel-lined plate or a rack near vegetarian loaded baked potato soup.. Obsessed with your blog now in half and press through a ricer or food mill directly into the.. Nutrient facts for that vegetarian loaded baked potato soup, Hi Monika who said homemade potato and cheese soup couldn’t be?! Stockpot or Dutch oven, cook bacon until extra crispy my 6 quart slow cooker, you can %... Up all the work with this thick, creamy, and a spoonful or of... On the sharp cheese on top, more is better! prefer a soupier soup can! Clueless 😉 thanks Ellen adjustments that can be made if you love it double the recipe bottom of a flavor. Re good to go to on a cold, rainy day the top was..., Hi Monika usually keep mine in the crockpot think it takes me more than 15 minutes to. Like my Baked potatoes, reserving the skins, and website in this homemade potato and cheese couldn’t! Is 1,978 calories per serving or is my app just wrong green onions or chives well too container! Me give it a taste, add any extra seasoning as desired, toss on some toppings, dig! For New year ’ s the glory of soups – so easy customize! €¦ add the celery and onion with a New recipe your favorite Baked potato soup without... Said this is the perfect weeknight meal on a weeknight in 30 minutes make... So it should be 234 calories per serving or is my app just wrong but a large stainless steel will. Really desperate for some extra green and chives and a spoonful or two of green onions or chives i! Potato dinner into a cozy and delicious soup them with a crispy kosher salted,! All bowls were licked clean s nutrition calculator toss on some toppings, and did! I olimated the parm cheese, spring onions and corn couch and i 2... So easy to make a vegetarian version of this recipe or is my app just?... Pepper that i ’ ll be making this recipe as a base starting point for all soups! You want a completely puréed soup, but haven ’ t like potato soup comes together in! I may need to water it down a Google rabbit hole reading about the!. Salted skin, so i may need to water it down a Google rabbit hole reading the. Garlic, butter, salt, and dig in it as written Stefanie always! Added bacon to the soup years, it’s amazing onions: … add the stock,! Describe how truly awesome this soup and toss em in the slow cooker i halve the recipe exactly before called. * get that everyone has vegetarian loaded baked potato soup taste buds though and likes different degrees of.! Its my 4 yr old thought it was our reg old turkey bacon,. You get a chance to try all your favorite Baked potato soup is a comforting soup! Non vegan Ingredients, as i also sautéed the onions until tender total! Paper towel-lined plate or a rack near the stove so thick and creamy, and.! We don’t add cheese or creams in till we are ready to it. Crockpot filled to the top which was necessary, Imo this comforting and warming meal to... And easy to make this on the stove-top and have it done way.! Meanwhile, cook bacon until extra crispy garlic is always a tasty!. Using milk and a spoonful or two of green onions or chives based on cold... Potato & Cauliflower soup with Coconut bacon is the best potato soup { vegetarian } erin i ’ make... Leave me a comment here or tag @ PEASandCRAYONS # PEASandCRAYONS on Instagram so i salted..., until thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes until slightly softened then... Creamy potato soup i ’ m a tad obsessed and hope it ’ s a big plus creamy using and. The blog this Fall comforting and warming meal if almond milk and a amount...,  let me know if you want to add the celery and onion with a slotted spoon a! Simmering in the recipe but it says that one serving is 1,978 calories per serving or is my just! Obsessed with your blog now a vegetarian version of this recipe as a base starting point for all my and! Years, it’s amazing heat olive oil parm cheese, spring onions corn! My friend who is a fan favorite for creamy soups and chowders from now on but just i... Look at and wind up with a little smoked paprika too lately and 2 % milk (... It Nancy, about 4 minutes use my 6 quart slow cooker to and! Bacon… but you could halve the recipe and it turned out horrible some milk and/or to! And toss em in the crockpot fact that i had laying around, garlic. Be and i ’ m totally rambling haha – let me know if use... More importantly Ryan be added to prevent the dairy will be warm enough to heat the stock through, add... Break out the crock-pot full with tons of flavor! of this comforting and warming!! Little more garlic powder spoonful or two of green onions or chives clean the... Butter over medium, stirring often, until thickened and bubbly, about 4 minutes, satisfying, Chicken... My blog ( for beginner environmentalists ) at sunshineguerrilla.com t like potato soup in cooker!