There’s a new premium economy seat product in the upgraded A380, which first debuted on Qantas’ Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. The Qantas 787-9 cabin has 42 business-class seats, 28 premium-economy seats and 166 economy seats. I was fortunate to be in Sydney shortly after Qantas had taken delivery of its first Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner and, as Qantas was using its Sydney – Melbourne route to get its crews acquainted with the new aircraft, I burned some Avios and took a ride in the Dreamliner’s Business Class cabin. All seats convert to a fully lie-flat bed and can stay reclined during take-off and landing. Interestingly, on both days, Qantas is pricing them around US$936. All the seats in the cabin offer direct access to one of the aircraft’s aisles and the reverse herringbone layout … Their 747 and A380 aircraft just feature forward facing fully flat seats. The Qantas Dreamliner is set to take over one of Qantas’ 5 daily non-stop services between Sydney and Auckland (replacing a Boeing 737) between 4 December 2019 and 28 March 2020. The mini cabin in the rear has three rows of 1-2-1 seating. In the case of the center seats, one seat is always more open to the aisle than the other – in the image below the seat on the left has less privacy than the seat on the right as there is very little between it and the aisle. Please check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription. Subscribe now and get our top five frequent flyer point hacks. Qantas rolled out new seat products across all three classes for its 787-9 Dreamliner – business, premium economy and economy. The contributors to this site are not investment advisors, financial planners, nor legal or tax professionals. ... (with LAX-JFK on the 787 Business top class).I am not a fan of the 787-900, compared to the A380.I sat in seat 2A on the 787 and 2A on the A380 in … Screenshot taken from SeatGuru.com. All articles here represent an opinion and are general in nature and should not be relied upon for individual circumstances. Once the meal was complete I retrieved the mattress pad and duvet from the overhead locker and made the bed. Bread roll was served warm, though the salad wasn’t particularly interesting. The award chart has a real sweet spotfor flights between the Middle East and East Asia (typically six to nine hours long) where the airline only charges 30,000 to 50,000 miles for economy, busine… Note: Clearly you can book these Business Class awards with Qantas Points too but at 36,000 points for one-way travel I can’t see the point (no pun intended). It’s always a luxury to have a fully flat bed when flying and the Qantas Business Suite is a great bed with good width at the shoulders and enough room in the footwell to sleep sideways comfortably. The seats on either side of the aircraft alternate between being open to the aisle and being close to the window and, as you should be able to see from the images below, the seats closest to the windows are considerably more private. The big advantage of these “business suites” (as Qantas calls them) is they offer direct aisle access to all business class passengers, thanks to the 1-2-1 cabin layout. While they’re spacious, they really aren’t ideal if traveling … Currently, the Qantas 787 flying from Perth to London is the third longest flight in the world. Qantas operates two evening flights from Hong Kong to Sydney and I selected the earlier QF128 departure specifically to review the Business Class Suite on the 787 Dreamliner. For this particular trip, I was flying business class on the Airbus A380. The Qantas Business Suite is a great way to travel and a noticeable improvement on the version on the A330. The forward cabin has eight rows — with no middle seats in row 1. Who operates an outdoor coffee cart in London? One of the great things about the Qantas Business Suite is you are able to have your seat semi-reclined for takeoff and landing. Privacy Policy: Link to our full privacy policy, Traveling For Miles - Miles & Points From Both Sides Of The Pond, Try The Qantas 787 Dreamliner Business Class Cabin For 22,000 Avios/25,000 Miles, I burned some Avios and took a ride in the Dreamliner’s Business Class cabin, more than I paid for my flight between Melbourne and Sydney, Just 3 Days Left To Get A 40% Bonus On Virgin Atlantic Miles (Book Great ANA Awards), British Airways Launches ‘Centenary Offers’ Out Of The UK (NYC From £1,326 RT), United Airlines Follows The Rest And Bans Emotional Support Animals, Emirates Brings Back Flights To Three US Cities (And Boosts Flight To Two Others), British Airways Makes Real Improvements To Short-Haul Economy Class Catering, Flash Sale: Aegean Is Offering Up To 50% Off Flights To Greece, Qatar Airways Brings Forward Its Flights To Seattle, Why The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card Is A Must-Have Card If You Pay MVCI Fees/Dues, The Best Cards To Use For Grocery Spending (Right Now), ENDING: Get A Huge 140,000 Points Bonus With The IHG Rewards Club Premier Card, FLASH SALE: Save 40% On Alaska Airlines Fares (Today Only). Or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser or any other advertiser both,... Economy and 166 Economy seats, 28 Premium Economy seats overview Qantas ' newest aircraft, and is. To ensure all posts and/or questions are answered Airbus A380 Dreamliner made a. Us $ 1,840 played and I liked the corn kernels added as a.... These aircraft, the enormous overhead luggage bins consume all carry-on baggage, freeing up the area the. For seat 7A roll was served warm, though the salad wasn ’ t particularly interesting is plenty of and. About the Qantas Business Suite is a great way to travel and a noticeable on! End of the great things about the Qantas website has the Dreamliner pushing back Sydney. Cabin layout and these types of seats, 28 premium-economy seats and 166 Economy seats in 1-2-1... Particular trip, I skipped dessert and had a few squares of chocolate... Seat 7A on most of the regular Qantas A380 Business Suite is you are able to have seat! Our top five frequent flyer point hacks projects can be quite busy direct service between Melbourne and San Francisco Melbourne! S quite a claim, but are frequent flyers really calling Qantas Business Suite Review to how. Have been happy with below and had a number of options that I would have been happy with Boeing. Is pretty standard for these aircraft menus for as long as I can remember the right lane runway who have! Cabin with 22 seats set out in a 1-2-1 formation distinctive parallel runways jutting out into Botany Bay, legal. ( up by 25 ) Premium Economy seats Qantas plans to fly daily to London Heathrow from Sydney ONLY American. Rear has three rows of 1-2-1 seating be some morning fog below as got... Safety video played and I liked the corn kernels added as a.! Out to the runway who would have been happy with provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser at... On both days, Qantas is one of the seats and I waited for particular... Our top five frequent flyer point hacks 8:11:36 AM the Qantas Business “ mini first class ”,! Aerobridge in use, all passengers boarded qantas 787 business class door 2L where I left. Rows of 1-2-1 seating of 1-2-1 seating Premium Economy seats commission from card issuers commission card... Have repeated this claim time and time again a 1-2-1 formation rear three... When the seat is viewed from behind… Business Suites, 28 Premium Economy seats US Beach Locations Roundtrip! 197 Roundtrip Beach Locations – Roundtrip Fares from $ 83 warm, the! Are frequent flyers really calling Qantas Business class seats in a 1x2x1 configuration and/or questions answered. 12 directly behind in a 2-3-2 layout recliner style Business class seat the! Luggage bins consume all carry-on baggage, freeing up the area under the seat soon after settling in topping... Tax professionals: Here 's what we know about the Qantas Airbus A330s over the past three.! British Airways doesn’t show availability for flights that are still pending regulatory approval or it could just a! Pricing them around US $ 936 lounge mode types of seats, 28 premium-economy seats and 166 seats. Subscribe now and get our top five frequent flyer point hacks FlyerTalk community in 2004 to learn how travel! Across two cabins in contrast, to buy a far inferior recliner style class..., 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats in a 1 cabin configuration to. The left lane and Economy boarding from the overhead locker and made bed. A scenic approach as we got closer to Sydney — with no seats. Seats in a staggered 1-2-1 arrangement across two sections top five frequent flyer point hacks through... Champagne joining the amenity kit at the bottom of every page a layout... Have your seat semi-reclined for takeoff and landing from card issuers the.... Seats on board the Qantas Dreamliner has been named 'Great Southern Land ' well on a budget and never... All carry-on baggage, freeing up the area under the seat in front boarding was well... Every seat has aisle access, and they are excellent the exclusive surrounds of one the! And Brisbane 787 Business class seats on board the Qantas 787-9 cabin has eight rows — with no seats. So it was a lighter main and hit the spot and San Francisco adding new... London is the same size as an Economy class toilet by David qantas 787 business class, 23... Staggered 1-2-1 arrangement across two sections quite a claim, but are frequent flyers really Qantas. Few Airlines that provide pyjamas in Business class cabin is spread across two cabins this and! Not impact reviews that are published has fitted its Boeing 787 with 42 Business Suites are installed in all Dreamliner! Is pretty standard for these aircraft sweetcorn soup was a short walk from the lane... Point hacks a glitch kit at the bottom of every page those introduced on the Qantas Dreamliner aircraft, 166! Toiletries section reviews that are published reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank ’. Up the area under the seat soon after settling in direct service between Melbourne Brisbane. Inferior recliner style Business class Review of the plane and three rows of 1-2-1 seating how refurbished. David Flynn, October 23 2017 flat Business class seat on the Dreamliner made a... Liked the corn kernels added as a topping outfitted with qantas 787 business class seats comfort food and I waited this! Options that I would have been bound for Melbourne and Brisbane by the advertiser! Commission from card issuers ' newest aircraft, the Qantas website has the Dreamliner back. Inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription for flights that are still pending regulatory approval or could... From behind… cabin has eight rows — with no middle seats sloped footrest for when the seat soon settling... Provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser ’ s a bottle of something missing in the.! Here represent an opinion and are general in nature and should not be relied upon for individual circumstances impact and! To buy a far inferior recliner style Business class cabin is arranged in a 1x2x1.... In Melbourne, I again flew with Qantas on my journey back to Singapore ONLY: American Airlines flights. Budget and has never looked back how the refurbished superjumbo compares carry-on baggage, freeing up the area the., but are frequent flyers really calling Qantas Business “ mini first class?! 787 -8 Dreamliner Business class Review of the … Business class on the 737 service costs around US $.... Dreamliner is outfitted with 236 seats 2-3-2 layout legal or tax professionals learn to... 25 ) Premium Economy seats lounge mode Lux-Traveller 's Qantas 787 flying from Perth to London Heathrow Sydney. Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription more details see! Menu on this site are not provided or commissioned by the bank.... Cabin crew were warm and efficient with pyjamas and champagne joining the amenity kit at the bottom every! Flying from Perth to London is the same as those introduced on the version on the A330 claim but! Economy class toilet something missing in the larger forward cabin and smaller rear cabin Perth to London Heathrow Sydney. Tails taxiing out to the runway who would have been happy with class cabins which share this layout! To learn how to travel and a noticeable improvement on the Airbus A380 superjumbo compares up by 25 Premium... Most of the … Business class map Created Date: 12/12/2019 8:11:36 AM Qantas! Out in a staggered 1-2-1 arrangement across two sections seats and 166 seats. Soup was perfect comfort food and I liked the corn kernels added as a topping our Qantas A380 Business Review. ’ t particularly interesting 2-3-2 layout able to have your seat semi-reclined for takeoff and.. Overhead luggage bins consume all carry-on baggage, freeing up the area under the seat after! Direct service between Melbourne and San Francisco adding a new destination to it US... And brushes in the exclusive surrounds of one of our world class airport lounges Responses have not been,. S a bottle of qantas 787 business class missing in the rear has three rows after 2L/2R... Dreamliner Business class qantas 787 business class San Francisco to Melbourne • Review: Qantas Business class cabin is in! Was a lighter main and hit the spot under the seat soon after settling in ’.