Let’s consider two very similar models: The Elements SE, My Passport and My Passport Ultra series all employ the same 2.5in hard disks, USB 3 interfaces (backwards-compatible with USB 2 devices), and are available in the same capacities from 1 to 4TB at the time of writing; the only difference between them is their external finish and bundled software. Design. It’ll work on an older USB 2 port, but the speed will be greatly limited. May not be used without permission. Live Chat. WD has several models with name “Passport” or “Passport Ultra”. For comparison, my PC’s internal SSD scored 556.2 and 536.8 Megabytes per second for sequential read and write speeds when using the 50MB test file, and 553.4 and 536.9 Megabytes per second, again for sequential read and write speeds, when using the 1GB test file size. They’re typically small and slim enough to slip into any bag or pocket and are powered directly from a USB port with a single cable, so no need to carry a power supply or multiple cables. Is the drive inside the casing different between the My Passport 4TB and the Ultra 4TB? The Elements SE, My Passport and My Passport Ultra series all employ the same 2.5in hard disks, USB 3 interfaces (backwards-compatible with USB 2 devices), and are available in the same capacities from 1 to 4TB at the time of writing; the only difference between them is their external finish and bundled software. You can apply at an Illinois passport acceptance facility for regular or expedited service. I can whole-heartedly recommend WD’s portable drives having owned a number without complaint. All words, images, videos and layout, copyright 2005-2020 Gordon Laing. The list below will help you find the Illinois passport office nearest you. Another difference is My Passport Ultra is USB-C ready, USB 3.0 compatible and formatted for Windows 10 to with plug-and-play storage out of the box. In the first quarter, the new WD My Passport Ultra 2019 was introduced to the public.. To meet users’ different demands for capacity, … University Parking is looking to increase customer service through educational … My Passport 4TB WDBYFT0040BBK-WESN Pursuant to Republic Act No. To put the scores above in perspective, I retested my older 1TB WD Elements drive, a model I’ve come to rely on. Advertiser Disclosure. Sort: Clear All. Some models additionally offer wireless connectivity, while others are pre-formatted specifically for certain platforms (like Macs), although there’s nothing preventing you from doing this manually – Mac owners need only use the Disk Tools utility (Launchpad / others) to reformat using the native Journaled file system. The My Passport Ultra is the fastest palm-sized, single drive, portable HDD we've tested with mixed workloads. The My Passport Wireless Pro is an hard drive model that was launched back in 2016 and is practically identical to this SSD unit in all but three main areas – durability, transfer speeds and price. For Tatkal Service for Passport, applicants need to apply on the CKGS website only. Be aware that many offices require an appointment so call before visiting. ‘TATKAL’ Passport service is an ‘Emergency’ service which applicants can avail on any type of passport service and it is subject to approval to apply under ‘ Tatkal’ from the Consulates of India in USA. Is “Ultra” better in some way? If you’re likely to keep your drive connected for longer periods as you work, perhaps using it more for storage expansion rather than backup – and don’t mind polishing the case to keep the finger-prints off – then you might like the Ultra style. Last year the virtual permit system and passport app was introduced, and now with NEIU parking in its second year of new technology, the parking is completely virtual. Basically, this is an upgrade and a refined version of the WD Elements. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, Difference between passport and passport ultra. Oh and one more test! The WD My Passport Ultra is a portable drive that’s powered by your computer or console over a single USB cable and provides plenty of storage for backup, data transportation or simply just expanding the capacity of a system who’s internal drive has become stuffed to the brim. Above: BlackMagic Speed Test for WD Elements 1TB (left) and WD My Passport Ultra 4TB (right). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The specs on the WD information pages look the same. While you have to reformat My Passport … With the My Passport Ultra 4TB connected to a USB 3 port, Crystal Disk Mark measured read and write speeds of 252.8 and 117 Megabytes per second when using a 50MB test size and 132.7 and 122.4 Megabytes per second when the test file size was increased to 1GB. The My Passport addresses that potential problem the same way as the Editors' Choice Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Touch does, with AES-256 hardware encryption and password protection. So a good result all-round for a drive that’s not just four times bigger in capacity, but comfortably quicker too. Is “Ultra” better in some way? Remember not to keep your backup next to the original data! The question then is which one? Their portability makes it easy to take your backups off-site, offering greater protection against fire, flood and theft. Comparing WD P10 vs WD My Passport vs WD Ultra . I use others at home to backup large amounts of data before transporting them to a friend’s house to keep them separate from the originals. The description and specs seem to be the same, and there is only a small difference in price. It took 44 seconds to write the files from the Mac onto the drive for an average speed of 65.86 Megabytes per second, then 28 seconds to read them from the portable drive and write them back onto the laptop SSD, for an average speed of 106.75 Megabytes per second. This site is a free online resource that strives to offer helpful content and comparison features to its visitors. Read more: Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB portable hard disk drive.