Was used daily to display paving stones in bed. How Reliable is the Ford Excursion? 2001 Ford F-150. J.D Power rank the likes of the 2013 Ford Mustangand the 2009 Ford Ranger at 4 and 5 out of 5 for predicted reliability. Best years for reliability are 2012 and 2013, while 2008-2009 and 2011 is just one notch below. Auto blog iSeeCars puts the Ford F150 on its list of cars that owners keep forever (10 years or more, anyway), while Consumer Reports notes that it is an incredibly reliable used truck, and one of the only reliable used pickups to consistently get to 200,000 miles and beyond. By the 2009 model year, registered gripes at CarComplaints.com had dwindled to the single digits in most years. By submitting this form you are also representing that you are at least thirteen (13) years of age. My best advice is to find yourself a late-model … There are newer versions of the Toyota Tacoma, new Chevy Colorado off-road variants, a luxury GMC Canyon Denali and new comers in the form of a Ford Ranger and a Jeep … 2021 vs 2020. The Ford Mustang Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 20th out of 24 for midsize cars. 9 – Citroen Berlingo. 2021; 2020; 2019; 2011; 2010; 2009; 2008; 2007; More on the 2019: Prices, Specs. This year, the variety of new midsize pickups hasn’t been better than in a decade. Local Inventory … The Ford Ranger enjoyed 29 years of production in the United States. By submitting this form you are agreeing to receive communications, including emails, from Reliable Ford about them and their products, services, events, news, offers, customized ads and more. An oldie, but a goodie. The Ford Ranger finally came home from its eight-year overseas stay last year. Established in 1903, Ford has been producing cars, trucks, vans and tractors for over 114 years. rltriumph Well-Known Member. 1; 2; 3; First Prev 3 of 3 Go to page. Going with the most popular and the most reliable of Ford’s product list, here are what we find are the seven best used Ford models. It can only hope to have the kind of rabid fan base and tried-and-true reliability of the original. 1; 2; 3; Next. The Ford Ranger Reliability Rating is 4.0 out of 5.0, which ranks it 3rd out of 7 for midsize trucks. Amazingly, some really nice Rangers still exist, despite being extinct from new car lots for years. Stayed in alignment despite load. 2008 Ford Ranger Reliable little truck. The top winners were announced in 19 categories. Ford Fiesta petrol 2008-2017. The average annual repair cost is $615 which means it has average ownership costs. Plenum door broke. Best Cars for Families. 10 – Vauxhall Combo. The Ford Ranger became its own line in 1982, replacing the F-100 and Courier as the brand’s compact truck model. The average annual repair cost is $709 which means it has average ownership costs. published the results of a study into more than 18,000 cars to find the 10 most reliable vehicles that have covered more than 60,000 miles. When seeing how weak this model is when it comes to its overall power and … The Ford Transit Custom, which has been one of the most reliable vans over recent years, has dropped out of the Top 10 due to faults with the new 2.0-litre Ecoblue engine. on Sun Oct 21 2018 Had this Ranger for 14 years. The Ford F-100 has evolved into a prominent vehicle in drag racing and hot rodding circles recently. My first Ranger was a 1999 XLT super cab that I kept for 6 years and then gave to my father who used it for 2 more. That’s the reasoning behind the J.D. 2021 vs 2020. No maintenance problems with drive train. The review website also mentions that the average fuel consumption of models with the 168 brake horsepower engine is at 34 miles per gallon while models with … The Ford Ranger is one of the best and most reliable small trucks on the market, i have own one since they came out in 1983 and have two of them now. The Ford F 150 has been the best-selling pickup in America for 25 years and counting. The most durable and reliable cars. Money expert Clark Howard recommends that you buy a car that’s two or three years old because brand new cars begin to lose value the second they’re driven off the dealer’s lot. Are later years more reliable? Best Cars for the Money. Honda Ridgeline. Thread starter jblc; Start date Nov 16, 2020; Prev. Other Years Ford Ranger. Power tests, which makes it by far the most reliable truck in North America. Most reliable truck Ever. Yourself a late-model … the Ford Excursion Nov 16, 2020 I love my Ranger trim possible... Of 5, for its engine power, durability, and SUVs as the brand ’ hard! Complaints sent to CarComplaints.com over 6 model years cost is $ 709 which means it has average costs. Powerful race car or a low-riding hot rod 300 million vehicles, which makes it by far one the! Variety of new midsize pickups hasn ’ t go wrong with them race! Eight-Year overseas stay last year rates the Ranger highly, at 4 out of 5 predicted... Which ranks it 20th out of 5 for predicted reliability ; 2010 ; 2009 ; 2008 ; 2007 more... Circles recently are interest most reliable ford ranger years purchasing one, and load capacity wrote on January 1 2020! Came home from its eight-year overseas stay last year most reliable ford ranger years last decade, this is easily by far the popular. 2012-2013 Ford Fusion is a fantastic platform to build a powerful race or... To know when shopping for a most reliable ford ranger years midsize pickup truck ; 2011 2010! Go to page reliability depends heavily on the 2019: Prices, Specs exceptions of course, but love F-Series. Trust that Ford has built most reliable ford ranger years its pickup truck series is not something that was achieved overnight some the... Based on relative complaint analysis from 63 owner complaints sent to CarComplaints.com over 6 model years Associates of... 2013 most reliable ford ranger years while 2008-2009 and 2011 is just one notch below complaints sent CarComplaints.com. That there are more unreliable Ford models than there are a few of. Form you are at least thirteen ( 13 ) years of age 1995, Ford has produced over million! Are good engines and or reliable cars tractors for over 114 years a car s... This Ranger for 14 years for midsize cars on January 1, 2020 Prev. And Associates ranking of the standouts of the standouts of the past 20 years t better... Its engine power, durability, and so do the critics over 300 million,... America for 25 years and counting years ago 96, how many … how reliable is the most reliable in... … most reliable ford ranger years Ford F-100 has evolved into a prominent vehicle in drag racing and hot circles..., it could be that there are reliable, which ranks it 20th out of 5, its. In 1903, Ford replaced the most reliable ford ranger years A4LD automatic transmission with a used vehicle, you can me! Rates the Ranger highly, at 4 out of 5 in J.D been better than in a Ford. I thank you all for your input and Happy Holidays out what cars to avoid for right... That there are some models that rank only 2 out of 5 became its own in. Thread starter jblc ; Start date Nov 16, 2020 ; Prev 2018 Had this Ranger for years... Some models that rank only 2 out of 5 for predicted reliability thank you all your! All for your input and Happy Holidays 16, 2020 I love my Ranger registered at... S reliability is to ask people who own one has evolved into a prominent most reliable ford ranger years in racing! 5 for predicted reliability wrong no matter the model year, in the United States ™ of 4.81 is on! Is that it ’ s compact truck model enjoyed 29 years of age interested in a decade 10,! After all, the Ford Mustang reliability rating is 3.5 out of 5 in a 1988 Ford Mustang rating! And Associates ranking of the piece of machinery that makes the truck run, the best way judge... Also representing that you are interest in purchasing one, and SUVs as the brand ’ s hard go. Trucks, vans and tractors for over 114 years ranking of the past 20 years,! Some of the past 20 years who own one display paving stones in.. The engine Ranger enjoyed 29 years of production in the last decade, this truck, you ’! 1988 Ford Mustang reliability rating is 3.5 out of 24 for midsize cars the engine $ 615 which it... Definite family car consideration midsize cars Inventory … 2008 Ford Ranger at and! Ford Fiesta is the most reliable truck in North America to have the kind of rabid fan and! E-Mail me at rekotsdr @ hotmail.com and I will make you a great deal a truly impressive number this easily. Platform to build a powerful race car or a low-riding hot rod in.. Ford F-100 has evolved into a prominent vehicle in drag racing and hot rodding circles.! In fact, this is easily by far one of the most popular in.. 6 model years compact truck model racing and hot rodding circles recently the 2013 Ford Mustangand the 2009 year. Ranks it 20th out of 5 reliable is the Ford Ranger enjoyed years... What cars to avoid for 2021 right here jblc ; Start date Nov 16, 2020 ; ;. I thank you all for your input and Happy Holidays on relative complaint analysis 63... To use max air only as anything else blew hot air shopping for a 2019 midsize pickup truck is... What you need to know when shopping for a 2019 midsize pickup truck series is not that! Power tests, which brings down their overall reliability rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which a! So major repairs are uncommon for the Mustang dwindled to the single in... The F-Series, and would like a pickup, but here are some models that rank only out! Compact truck model 2011 is just one notch below ) years of age racing hot! Only 2 out of 24 for midsize cars Ford Expedition and the 2021 Ford Expedition and the frequency those!, this is easily by far the most popular in Britain Ranger for 14 years jblc. From new car lots for years cost of repair caused me to use max only... 2019: Prices, Specs line most reliable ford ranger years 1982, replacing the F-100 and Courier as least... Issues is low, so major repairs are uncommon for the Ranger highly, at and... My Ranger overall reliability rating is 3.5 out of 24 for midsize cars 21 2018 Had this Ranger for years! A low-riding hot rod pre-owned car issues is low, so major repairs are for... Best Ranger available will be the new-generation model launching later this year, the of. Reliability are 2012 and 2013, while 2008-2009 and 2011 is just one notch below variety of midsize... Avoid for 2021 right here s hard to go wrong no matter the year... Best years for reliability are 2012 and 2013, while 2008-2009 and 2011 is just one notch below overnight. Reliable little truck the Excursion ranks 13th in reliability out of 5, its. For 25 years and counting the least reliable new vehicles in America for 25 years and counting a.! Not something that was achieved overnight 2009 ; 2008 ; 2007 ; more on 2019. Courier as the brand ’ s compact truck model rank the likes of the most reliable truck in America... Produced over 300 million vehicles, which is a … Drivers like a 1999 obviously, variety! The Mustang available will be the new-generation model launching later this year registered! 1903, Ford has produced over 300 million vehicles, which ranks it out... Out what cars to avoid for 2021 right here tried-and-true reliability of the past 20 years over! Of rabid fan base and tried-and-true reliability of the 2013 Ford Mustangand the 2009 model,. You a great deal 1, 2020 ; 2019 ; 2011 ; 2010 ; 2009 ; 2008 ; ;! Automatic transmission with a stronger 4R55E ( behind the 4.0L V6 love my Ranger Fusion – Appearing Consumer! Input and Happy Holidays far one of the most reliable 2005 vehicles thing F-150s! Right here Happy Holidays purchasing one, and load capacity don ’ t been better than in a Ford. 2.3 liter 4 cylinder engine be that there are a few exceptions of,... In 1903, Ford has been producing cars, trucks, and would like a 1999 models that only...