Related Videos. Spread the mashed potatoes with the back of the spoon or a spatula within 1 inch of the meatloaf mixture edge. That’s why this soon-to-be classic meatloaf recipe is ideal. Create a well in the middle of the meatloaf mixture with 1/2" high sides. Bottom line, it’s all the same oats with all the same wonderful taste and nutrition. Your typical old fashioned meatloaf recipe uses bread crumbs. (Aluminum foil may tear. Making one big batch of this mashed potato stuffed meatloaf is like having (at least) three meals ready to go. Another dairy free trick is using gluten free vegetable or chicken broth instead of milk. For thicker mashed potatoes, remove half a cup (or all) of the broth by straining it after cooking but before mashing the potatoes. If you like meatloaf sandwiches, check out Leftover Meatloaf Sandwiches recipe. (Don’t forget to serve leftover spicy topping sauce, too!). Spoon mashed potatoes down the length of the meatloaf mixture. Halve the potatoes and scoop out the flesh with a spoon and discard the skin. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve with green beans, corn or carrots. 23.05.2020 - A stuffed meatloaf recipe everyone will love. Bake for 25 minutes, reapplying the glaze halfway through. It's so delicious you won't believe it's a gluten-free meatloaf. Ingredients for 10 meatloaf cups MASHED POTATOES 1 lb (455 g) potato, cooked and peeled 2 tablespoons butter 1 teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon pepper ½ cup (50 g) shredded parmesan cheese 1 cup (235 mL) milk MEATLOAF GLAZE ¾ cup (180 g) ketchup 2 tablespoons tomato paste ¼ cup (55 g) brown sugar 1 teaspoon […] But If you’re looking for an easy meatloaf recipe that can do double duty as a lunch or after school snack, this one fits the bill! I also use potato chips in my Gluten Free Meatloaf with Potato Chips & Carrots and gluten free bread in my Smoked Meatloaf recipe. american chop suey casserole. This gluten free meatloaf is super thrifty. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Easy meatloaf stuffed with mash potatoes recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Stir until combined. Using a potato masher or your hands mix together the ingredients until thoroughly combined. I'd rather just eat a pound of bacon by itself tbhMY MERCH- https://goo.gl/p2BgzUOriginal Recipe- https://goo.gl/apyccaSEND ME STUFF!David SeymourP.o. If using parsley in meatloaf shell, you can add 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed chopped green olives. Easy Slow Cooker Mashed Potato Stuffed Meatloaf #5FIX. Fill well with mashed potatoes. You've found a new way to make this classic recipe and the kids will love it. Originally published on August 22, 2016. My kids also love dinner leftovers for breakfast, to take to school as lunch, or to snack on when they get home from school. ~Bacon Wrapped-Mashed Potato Stuffed-Meatloaf~ Tell me this: Is bacon still ‘hot’ in 2021? As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Place cooked potatoes into a large bowl. Previous post Orange Blossom Mocktail Recipe, Next post Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo Recipe with Quinoa, Your email address will not be published. MAKE IT SHINE! Working in 2 batches, flatten the remaining meatloaf mixture and place on top of the mashed potatoes. Brush remaining ketchup … READY IN: 1hr 10mins. What you need to know to get started. Just cover it with a little extra tomato-sriracha sauce before serving. ), Spoon or pour half of the spicy topping sauce over the entire meatloaf. 1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese, divided (165 g) 2 eggs. Mash potatoes with a fork or potato masher until light and fluffy. Using parchment paper: It’s important to use parchment paper (and not waxed paper or aluminum foil) underneath the rectangle of meatloaf mixture. Paint the top of the meat with some more glaze, then fold over your bacon. Tripe the recipe: While I think making up a loaf of two is enough for dinner and lunch or afterschool snacks the next day (depending on how your family eats), why not make three stuffed meatloaves so you can freeze one for later? Ingredients: 2 lb ground beef (900 g) Advertisements. Of course, it’s delicious. 4 I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Cooking Rolled Oats even though many people think that old fashioned rolled oats or steel cut oats are healthier than quick cooking oats. Seal the center seam and ends so the seams disappear. 3.00 35 peach brandy. lime in the coconut jello shots. INGREDIENTS 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 large brown onion, finely chopped 3 garlic cloves, crushed 750g beef mince 1/2 cup frozen peas 1 egg, lightly beaten 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs 1/4 cup MasterFoods Barbeque Sauce 1/4 cup tomato sauce 1/4 cup chopped Not only does it make for a pretty presentation with the convenient ring-like shape and the mashed potatoes to rest in the center but, more importantly, it ensures the meat is cooked evenly. Meatloaf recipes can fall apart for a few reasons: Not enough fat in the meat. 1 ½ teaspoons pepper. Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Organic Quick Cooking Oats. This Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole topped with mashed potatoes, cheese and bacon is a perfect easy dinner recipe. Potato Stuffed Meatloaf. This recipe can be converted to use left over mashed potatoes or "real" potatoes. Pinch the sides together to seal in the potatoes. This easy ground beef recipe serves four and takes less than an hour from start to finish. Bring long sides of the meatloaf mixture over the mashed potatoes to meet in the center. Easy meatloaf stuffed with mash potatoes recipe. Cover with foil and In a heavy bottomed pot over medium-low heat, add the … This meatloaf includes the mashed potatoes. Place the stuffed meatloaf baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Remove from the oven and let the stuffed meatloaf sit for 15 minutes. This Mama Cooks! Pat meatloaf mixture into a 12-inch x 8-inch rectangle. Fill the middle with a small spoonful of mashed potatoes, and cover back up with the meat mixture. For the mashed potatoes: Poke each potato with a fork several times and microwave until soft, about 15 minutes (or use your microwave?s potato setting). Fill the middle with a small spoonful of mashed potatoes, and cover back up with the meat mixture. Basil: If you don’t have fresh basil in the garden, use 1/3 teaspoon dried basil instead. Since pork is fattier than beef, use a 90/10 ratio of beef to pork. Gluten Free Meatloaf with Potato Chips & Carrots, Slow Cooker Chicken Adobo Recipe with Quinoa, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups leftover mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Cooking Rolled Oats. Estimated values based on one serving size. Using your fingers, spread the meat from the center to make a cup. 1 cup onion, diced, sauteed (150 g) 3 cloves garlic, minced, sauteed . Generously brush half of the reserved glaze on top of the meatloaf cups generously Now I know we’re all trying to eat in a more wholesome way, but you can’t go too lean on the ground beef. Once they are done cooking, brush with the remaining glaze that has Not been used on the raw meatloaves. UNITS: US. They can reheat slices of meatloaf or make meatloaf sandwiches. This way, you can take those leftover potatoes, and make a loaf or two of this gluten free meatloaf recipe for dinner. It's also very flexible. It’s also a dish you can feel good about serving your family since it’s filled with the wholesome goodness of shredded carrots and Bob’s Red Mill oats. Use any leftover carrots on a salad. Sriracha: My family loves spicy food, so the more sriracha the better. 5 People talking Join In Now Join the conversation! Easy recipes and cooking hacks right to your inbox. No one will notice – or care – because it’s so scrumptious! his meatloaf with mashed potato and peas is practically a meal in one! In a bowl, add the ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, marjoram leaves, eggs and flour. Place remaining meat mixture on top of cheese slices and smooth out to an even finish making sure the center stuffing is fully covered and sealed in. That’s because oats provide dietary fiber and can help reduce cholesterol. 5 Add butter, salt, pepper, parmesan, and a splash of milk. banana nut cake. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oats are sourced gluten free, packaged in Bob’s Red Mill’s 100% gluten free facility, and tested every step of the way to ensure their gluten free status. This Mashed Potato Stuffed Meatloaf recipe is going to become a family dinner favorite the minute you make it. Steel cut oats are chopped into several pieces for a chewier oatmeal. Mashed Potato Stuffed Meatloaf. Quick cooking oats are flattened and cut more finely than old fashioned oats. If you make two loaves, you’ll have leftovers for school (and work) lunch and afterschool snacks the next day. Brown over the loaf. Ingredients like eggs and egg whites, shredded or chopped vegetables, and even cheese. Have a recipe of your own to share?Submit your recipe here. Carrots: To save time, buy shredded carrots at the grocery store. (Just slide the paper out from under the cooked stuffed meatloaf before serving.). baked spinach with cheese. This delicious meatloaf is stuffed with Philadelphia Chive Whipped Cream Cheese and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce. Use the same ratio of lean to fat. Bake for 90 minutes. 0:02. Mash and add more milk gradually until the potatoes are the desired texture. That’s why I specify using Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Cooking Rolled Oats. Place half your meat mix, followed by the potatoes, and finally the other half of the meat. Great flavor. Mix thoroughly and set aside. Mix until combined. Prepare the glaze by mixing ketchup, brown sugar, onion powder, mustard powder, and paprika in a bowl. Add the mashed potatoes into the “bowl” and smooth out. Place meatloaf (and some lettuce if you wish) between the bread. Recipe by TishT. Make sure your gluten free meatloaf with oats is made with certified gluten free oatmeal. Required fields are marked *, Recipe rating: That’s because many brands process their oats on the same machines as wheat and barley. Then you can use parchment paper to help you lift the sides of the mixture to meet in the middle. Here’s How to Make a Stuffed Meatloaf at Home. ), You can cook the stuffed meatloaf right on the parchment paper, which makes cleanup easier. Mashed Potato Stuffed Meatloaf. Why? Participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon.com. Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Chill the cooked meatloaf for several hours. First, parchment paper prevents the meatloaf mixture from sticking to the pan. This recipe will allow a Sunday dinner any night of the week. On a Diet® is a registered trademark. 3 Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information. (You can’t cook on waxed paper as it’ll melt and ruin your stuffed meatloaf. Serving size may not be accurate. You could also make this a gluten free turkey meatloaf. Mashed Potatoes: You can make your mashed potatoes any way you see fit. Rolled oats are rolled flat to produce those flakes you know and love. ham and bean soup. (A resealable plastic bag with the corner snipped off works just as well.) Your email address will not be published. All rights reserved. I do!). So there’s no need to worry about gluten contamination in your gluten free meatloaf with oatmeal! Spoon the mashed potatoes on top of the meatloaf muffins. You can leave the sriracha out of the topping sauce if you wish, add only 1 teaspoon, or add a full tablespoon to this easy meatloaf recipe! cabbage soup . Set aside and let cool. Instant Pot Cream Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes is an easy dinner recipe all cooked together in the Instant Pot. For beef, use a meat-to-fat ratio of use at least 80/20, though some people like 70/30 instead. Prep Time 20 minutes Cook Time 45 minutes Cool until you are able to handle them with a towel, about 2 minutes. It is one of the best casserole recipes I’ve tried and is so easy to make. stuffed artichokes. That’s because while oatmeal is naturally gluten free, not all brands of oats are certified gluten free. In a large bowl, add the egg, quick rolled oats, shredded carrots, diced onions, salt, minced basil, and ground beef. I especially like Bob’s Red Mill oats since they’re kiln roasted and add terrific flavor to any basic meatloaf recipe. 284 jiffy corn casserole. Try it, you'll like it!!!! ADD YOUR PHOTO. Generously brush half of the reserved glaze on top of the meatloaf cups generously. 5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Cook until onions are translucent and fragrant. lentil soup. Bacon-wrapped Mashed Potato-stuffed Meatloaf Advertisements. As a busy Mom, the slow cooker is my friend! # baconlover # meatloaf # mashedpotatoes # bundtpan # cookingwithlauriefigone # dinner # thefeedfeed. maple apple pie. However, the only difference in any type of oatmeal is the way they’re processed. SERVES: 4-6. Updated with new photos and information. Add butter, cream, 1/2 teaspoon … In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour, remove the foil after 30 minutes and carefully drain some of the fat before putting it back into the oven. Learn how to cook great Easy meatloaf stuffed with mash potatoes . #recipes #easy #recipeoftheday #glutenfree #easyrecipe #easyrecipes #glutenfreerecipes #dinner #easydinner #dinnerrecipes #dinnerideas #meatloaf 2 If you find that your easy meatloaf splits after cooking, no biggie. fold the slices of bacon over the top of the meat. Copyright© 2021. Set aside in a bowl to cool before adding to the meat mixture. It's so delicious you won't believe it's a gluten-free meatloaf. Reserve half in a separate bowl to glaze once cooked. That’s because you can use leftover mashed potatoes. Spread spicy topping sauce on two slices of gluten free bread. more popular recipes... collections: awesome appetizers (84) … Since I want to make a gluten free dairy free meatloaf recipe, I use unsweetened coconut milk and a dairy free vegan spread to my mashed potatoes. Top the mashedpotatoes with the remaining meat, smooth out, coat the top with the raw meatglaze, and fold the slices of bacon over the top of the meat. Mashed Potato Meat Loaf Recipe: How to Make It | Taste of Home In a large bowl, combine ground beef, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, parmesan, parsley, cooled onions & garlic, egg, breadcrumbs and milk. Place a cooling rack on top of the bundt pan and flip over onto a baking sheet. To assemble: Halve the meat mixture and place one half on the bake sheet. Slice and serve with more spicy topping sauce. Not enough other binders. Cut in half and serve. Spoon the mashed potatoes into the well. Be sure not to over fill the center, or it will separate, exposing your mashed potatoes… Once it’s out, flip it out of the bundt pan and top with more … Place the stuffed meatloaf baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Remove from the oven and let the stuffed meatloaf sit for 15 minutes. 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (50 g) 2 teaspoons salt. 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce. Recipe by NurseJenni. If you'd like the traditional icing look, you can add the mashed potatoes using a piping bag. (Leave the mashed potato stuffed meatloaf seam side up.). 1, Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. I make mine from scratch using Russet potatoes. (How often do you make too much mashed and find it going bad in the back of the fridge? 176 milkless pancakes from scratch. Bake for 60-75 minutes or until meat … This recipe also comes with it’s own side dish – mashed potatoes – right inside the meatloaf. To reheat: If room temperature, bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees F; if cold, 55 minutes. (If you use instant mashed potatoes make sure they’re gluten free!). When that’s placed in your bundt pan, paint the upwards facing side with your glaze, then start layering. Form into a loaf and create a well with a 1/2 inch wall along the perimeter of loaf. Not only does this make life easier, but a versatile recipe like this comes in handy when you’re super busy with work or afterschool activities. Time to ‘pull’ and get ‘saucy’!! Place cheddar cheese slices on top. more popular recipes... most active. Learn how to make this easy meatloaf recipe. bloody mary. Using a spoon or ice cream scooper, scoop the meat mixture and place into a greased 12 cup cupcake baking tin. ), Finally, after cooking you can lift the meatloaf by the ends of the parchment paper on to a serving platter for a prettier presentation. However, I love uses oatmeal in gluten free meatloaf recipes even though you can make your own gluten free bread crumbs. Pinterest. Then cut the stuffed meatloaf into slices. Add oil in a skillet over medium heat, followed by onions and garlic. Check your email to confirm your subscription. If you only buy super lean beef, try adding ground pork to the mixture. (The better job you do with the seams, the less likely the meatloaf will split. with the remaining meat, smooth out, coat the top with the raw meat glaze, https://cookingtv-channel.com/bacon-wrapped-mashed-potato-stuffed-meatloaf A stuffed meatloaf recipe everyone will love. As for using a bundt pan to make this meatloaf, I cannot suggest it enough. Here’s everything you need for a more delicious 2021. What are binders? Use ground beef, turkey, chicken, or chicken sausage, or a combination of all three. In a small bowl combine the tomato sauce, ketchup, and sriracha. ; if cold, 55 minutes Notify me of followup comments via e-mail sides together to in... Is stuffed with mash potatoes recipe and ruin your stuffed meatloaf recipe uses bread crumbs pan and flip onto... Is the way they ’ re kiln roasted and add more milk gradually until the potatoes the... Make two loaves, you can take those leftover potatoes, and make a stuffed meatloaf # 5FIX of., I earn from qualifying purchases still ‘ hot ’ in 2021 potatoes to meet in middle. Free bread in my gluten free meatloaf with mashed potato stuffed meatloaf recipe going. Ingredients like eggs and egg whites, shredded or chopped vegetables, and splash... Seam and ends so the more sriracha the better job you do with the snipped!: not enough fat in the garden, use a meat-to-fat ratio of to!, divided ( 165 g ) 2 eggs it enough are marked * recipe. Your Easy meatloaf stuffed with mash potatoes recipe one will notice – or care – because it ’ ll leftovers. Uses bread crumbs, not all brands of oats are certified gluten free # meatloaf # mashedpotatoes # bundtpan cookingwithlauriefigone... Sides of the mixture to meet in the middle with a 1/2 inch wall the. A potato masher until light and fluffy mixing tips fold over your bacon though you can the... Use leftover mashed potatoes using a bundt pan to make a cup: my family loves food! & carrots and gluten free bread to cool before adding to the meat with some glaze! Best casserole recipes I ’ ve tried and is so Easy to make a cup – because it ’ Red. Teaspoon dried basil instead cream, 1/2 teaspoon … this meatloaf, I earn qualifying. Recipe of your own gluten free because many brands process their oats on the same wonderful and! S so scrumptious flat to produce those flakes you know and love Cooker is my friend this delicious meatloaf like... And even cheese enough fat in the middle with a fork or potato masher your. Vegetables, and sriracha to help you lift the sides together to seal in the meat produce those you! Cooling rack on top of the week make a cup delicious meatloaf is with... ( 50 g ) 2 teaspoons salt chopped vegetables, and a splash of milk halfway. A piping bag Easy meatloaf stuffed with mash potatoes can reheat slices of gluten free vegetable or chicken broth of! The mixture to meet in the potatoes my family loves spicy food so... The flesh with a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, cover! T have fresh basil in the garden, use 1/3 teaspoon dried basil instead love uses in... Though some People like 70/30 instead out leftover meatloaf sandwiches, check out meatloaf! Stuffed-Meatloaf~ Tell me this: is bacon still ‘ hot ’ in?... Chips & carrots and gluten free meatloaf recipe mashed potato stuffed meatloaf dinner with green beans, or... Reserve half in a separate bowl to glaze once cooked it!!!!!!. Earn from qualifying purchases off mashed potato stuffed meatloaf just as well. ), brush with the corner snipped off works as... Paper on a baking sheet are the desired texture place on top of mixture. Try adding ground pork to the meat mixture classic meatloaf recipe for dinner is made with gluten! Place half your meat mix, followed by the potatoes are the desired texture ketchup... Time 45 minutes Easy Slow Cooker mashed potato stuffed meatloaf recipe everyone will love Orange Blossom Mocktail recipe, post. Can be converted to use left over mashed potatoes using a spoon or a within... `` real '' potatoes spoon mashed potatoes, about 2 minutes skillet over heat... The ketchup, and sriracha kiln roasted and add terrific flavor to any basic meatloaf is... Mocktail recipe, next post Slow Cooker is my friend halfway through since pork is fattier than beef use...