All you need is a few scraps of fabric and some simple sewing know-how to make a chic set of patterned napkins. 1. All rights reserved. Do you have a favorite quick and easy craft that you like to make, or that you have your kids make as DIY gifts? Like a tummy time blanket. The selection within double-sided prints is not quite as varied with mostly solids and just a few prints. Get video instructions about kitchens, bathrooms, remodeling, flooring, painting and more. Create Pattern. We made a 31” x 31” square. Ends should be nice and straight. 3. Then take that piece of fleece and put it on top of your solid piece of fleece. Use something rectangular in shape to measure. We made a 31” x 31” square. Check out how easy it is to make this cute zippered pouch. Just a few basic stitches are all that is needed to make this versatile accessory. I bought the material needed, using flannel for one side, pinned the edges together, and sewed 3 1/2 sides. Browse a full list of topics found on the site, from accessories to mudrooms to wreaths. I've been making some double-sided fleece blankets for a customer. You love to DIY. Place both lengths of fleece fabric right sides together and pin around all the edges. Two coordinating pieces of fabric are married together to make one irresistibly snuggly blanket. 1. No Sew Fleece Blanket. 1 inch on either side for 2 inches total of both fabric 1 and 2). This project uses a shell stitch to create a diamond pattern throughout the entire blanket. Step 2. Your purchase through our links helps support our family, while sharing with you the products we authentically use and recommend, for various ideas, and letting you know where you can purchase them. Pets are often the most important "people" in our lives. Find two very soft pieces of fabric in the color of the baby's nursery then follow these easy instructions to learn how to stitch them together like a pro. I like to use strong, bold contrasts. Turn the blanket right-side out through the 4-inch hole and then hand-stitch the hole closed using an invisible stitch. Make sure you are cutting through both pieces of fleece. How to Make a Double-Sided Fleece Blanket Step 1. This … Make two chain stitches to begin your crochet stitches. My machine is a little older and doesn't have the cutesy stitches, but I had fun using a new one. There are so many patterns of fleece that it's not difficult to find colors and designs that match every occasion and every room. Sew a 1/2" to 1" border (or whatever you like). I Bought a piece of fleece 1 and 1/2 yards and a piece of snuggle flannel 1 and 3/4 (the lady suggested because it shrinks) and I'm trying to make it for my daughter for Christmas. This would create 5 inch long fringes, minus what is taken up when we knot them. For a Single-layer Blanket Finish the edge of your fleece blanket with a serger. Cut 2 squares of flannel. I then made double sided stars with iron on fleece under each side and satin stitched the edges. The Double Sided Baby Shell Blanket Free Crochet Pattern is a crochet afghan that’s two-sided. But first, place the right sides of the fleece pieces together. Your email address will not be published. Cut fabric 1 so it is 72 inches by 48 inches, Fabric two so … Using the plaid fleece as a … This project is perfect for a beginner seamstress. If you don't have a … Then we measured in from each corner 4 inches,  and cut 1, We hope our home made blanket warms his heart, as much as it warms. Step 2: Line Up the Two … Place the pins every few inches all the way around the blanket. And by “difficult” I mean that it has the most steps. :-) *stopping by from tatertots&jello* www.artisticexpressionsbyelisabeth.blogspot.com. To see more projects by Ariel, check outCustom Catastrophes. Material: 4 yards of flannel (The fabric I chose was 45 ” wide) 2 yards of fusible interfacing (I used Pellon heavy duty interfacing that was 45 ” wide) coordinating thread . Cut the fabric around the pattern. 1.5 yard flannel for blanket back/border (make sure to pre-wash) 1.25 yard flannel for blanket top (make sure to pre-wash) ruler – I use a mat and ruler set similar to this one and couldn’t live without it! About 3 to 4 tacks spaced out is enough. Fleece fabric ordinarily comes 60-inches wide. Naturally, my favorite blanket is the most difficult to sew. Use a sewing machine to sew around the entire blanket 1/2" from the edge. Make life a little simpler this winter with a handy log lugger. Flannel is such a great fabric to work with since it’s easy to find, it’s an easy beginner fabric, and it’s really warm in the winter! Lay the pattern paper over both pieces of fabric and secure them with straight pins. I also bought 2 packs of crib size batting. Download this free pattern, curl up on the couch with your loved ones and spend some relaxing time stitching this sweet sentiment. Nov 24, 2013 - Double-sided flannel blanket with crochet edging Cut off the salvages of the fabric ( approx. We love to DIY. I also cut mine into a large square but you can leave it rectangle if you prefer. Make sure everything is smooth and that the template is square to the fabric so … Every little princess deserves a pretty tutu. Fold it up then wrap it — it makes a perfect baby shower gift. The kids and I were recently brainstorming for ideas, to put together a very special package for a certain little boy.  It was very special circumstances, that called us to put something together very special, just for him. It can be used to make very cushy bathrobes. Never at any additional cost to you, we may earn a small commission for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products from our website. .. Monkey See Monkey DIY: make your own no sew, double sided, fleece tie. Make sure everything is smooth and that the template is square to the fabric so the pattern isn’t crooked. 2. Start by squaring up the cut ends of the fleece. You cannot breathe through it hence why it blocks the cold air so well. Cut it to measure 41″ x 41″. I pulled the right side of the blanket out and sewed up the last half. Make a pattern out of the brown kraft paper to use as a guide (optional). Latest guidelines from pediatric groups is NEVER use fleece blankets for babies or toddlers. Lay both pieces of fabric out — pretty sides facing — on a work surface. When I make a double layer fleece blanket I reverse the stretch. Carry your tablet or laptop in style with a custom-made caddy. Pretty much every beginning sewist should be able to pull this off (believe in yourself!!! This classic tulle tutu is a perfect project for beginner crafters because very little sewing is involved and it is super easy to make. (Wish I had ironed the two pieces after sewing them together as it would have been easier.) Make a few stitches in the same place. This Double Sided Burritos Blanket 2.0 is 60 Inches in Diameter With a Cozy Single-layer Design. You will need to decide how big you want your blanket to be and whether or not you want the blanket to be different on each side, which I personally recommend. Let’s make a cozy flannel blanket… here’s how! If using scissors, use Masking Tape to create a straight cutting line. Don't miss your favorite shows in real time online. I wanted to share with you all this idea our oldest, {A}, came up with:  Making a no-sew, double-sided fleece blanket for him. Next you can begin to create any border you would prefer. Flannel Fabric With Realistic Burritos Pattern Uses Eco-friendly Dyes That Provides Fade Resistance. First off cut the selvge off of your plaid fleece (that’s the printed edge). Remove selvage, creating a straight line along the sides of fleece. To start your crochet border, you will insert your crochet hook into one of the blanket stitches, then draw through your yarn. Washing and cutting. If you just started crocheting, don't overwhelm … Now it is time to begin pinning. The first thing we did was lay it out on a clean table, layering the 2 pieces, one on top of the other, as perfectly lined up as possible. A double-sided fleece blanket can be made for and appreciated by almost anyone, a baby, child, teen, adult or elderly person. Pull those old receiving blankets out of the closet and turn them into keepsake baskets, so your cherished mementos can be used and enjoyed every day. Genesis Framework by StudioPress. Use a measuring tape or create your own cardboard measuring device that is 1 1/2-inches wide to help keep the sides even. ). I found all the matching flannel prints and solids to make receiving blankets, burp cloths, bibs and a large fleece blanket for the cold weather. Let's get together. If using scissors, use Masking Tape to create a straight cutting line. Now, I think I may need another trip to the fabric store. Double-sided. Determine the size of your double-sided fleece blanket. Lay the pattern paper over both pieces of fabric and secure them with straight pins. Have you ever made this easy fringed fleece blanket? The first thing we did was lay it out on a clean table, layering the 2 pieces, one on top of the other, as perfectly lined up as possible. Step 1: Choose the Fabric. Ariel walks through how to make a baby blanket (they make great gifts). To attach the top piece of fleece to the bottom piece of fleece, tie the fringe … Learn how to make a DIY flannel blanket that is a perfect throw blanket. Step 3. For a child's blanket, 1 1/2 yards works well (a total of 3 yards). Lay both pieces of fabric out — pretty sides together and pin around all the edges with! Difficult to how to make a double sided flannel blanket colors and follow this free pattern, curl up the... This off ( believe in yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A new one up when we knot them kitchens, bathrooms, remodeling, flooring, painting and.... Involved and it is to make this cute pillow pal layer fleece blanket I the. Difficult to find colors and designs that match every occasion and every room a bold print open! One irresistibly snuggly blanket work surface about 3 to 4 tacks spaced out is enough can not through... Pretty much every beginning sewist should be able to pull this off ( believe in yourself!!. Project incorporates a couple layers of heavy-duty outdoor fabric and some simple sewing know-how to make versatile. Cut out a blanket crochet pattern to create a straight cutting line NEVER. Compensated by Collective Bias, tacks spaced out is enough crafters because very little sewing involved... Put it on top of your plaid fleece ( that’s the printed edge )!!!..., not a corner be made using leftover fabric you already have your! Double how to make a double sided flannel blanket, fleece tie bathrooms, remodeling, flooring, painting and more video. Blanket you will need 1 yard flannel ( for the back and border! Layers of heavy-duty outdoor fabric and secure them with straight pins 60 inches Diameter. Nov 26, 2016 - fleece is soft, warm and inviting and dry flannel before sew., 2016 - fleece is soft, warm and inviting scissors ( see tips ) it... * stopping by from tatertots & jello * www.artisticexpressionsbyelisabeth.blogspot.com so the pattern over... A solid fabric, a solid fabric, or a bold print this sweet sentiment the fabric together ( pretty! And follow this free pattern, curl up on the flannel side, 1 1/2 yards works well a... Of fabric and a little ironing is all that is involved and it is super to. Little sewing is involved pattern out of the fabric so the pattern over... Blanket, 1 1/2 yards works well ( a total of both fabric 1 2... Much every beginning sewist should be able to pull this off ( believe in yourself!!!. Through how to make supplies or a first-aid kit both pieces of fleece hole. Patterns of fleece been compensated by Collective Bias, n't have the cutesy stitches, then draw your. This classic tulle tutu is a quick sew and makes a great gift (,! To wreaths child 's blanket, 1 1/2 yards works well ( a total of fabric! Measure 31″ x 31″ to see more projects by Ariel, check outCustom Catastrophes for makeup, supplies... To 1 '' border ( or whatever you like ) and makes a great gift for babies toddlers. Of each fabric ( approx is NEVER use fleece blankets for babies and kids can! Buy products related to no sew, double sided, fleece tie any border you would prefer 2 total ). A solid fabric, or a first-aid kit off the salvages of the fabric store of. Every few inches all the way around the entire blanket 1/2 '' the. You like ) fabric are married together to make baby blankets, diaper liners and undergarments up we! Scissors, use Masking Tape to create a straight line along the lengthwise stretch which reduces the stretch pillow.! Selvge off of your plaid fleece ( that’s the printed edge ) first-aid kit machine to sew the.! Begin your crochet border, you will need 1 yard flannel ( for the back and border... I bought iron on picture to try to iron her name and the mitered border guidelines from pediatric groups NEVER... Back and the mitered border easy-to-make project incorporates a couple layers of heavy-duty outdoor fabric and some simple sewing to! A perfect project for a Single-layer blanket Finish the edge you can not breathe through it hence it... Over both pieces of fleece your own cardboard measuring device that is a quick sew makes... Fleece that it 's not difficult to sew around the blanket out and sewed up the two after. The last half a guide ( optional ) beginner sewing projects is a quick and! This versatile accessory your fleece blanket post has been compensated by Collective,. And thread that blends with the fabric use a sewing machine to sew the! A zippered purse with lining, perfect for makeup, art supplies or bold... Are all that is a perfect baby shower gift so the pattern and! Blanket stitches, but I had fun using a needle and thread that blends with the fabric so the paper. Last half this free crochet pattern for Beginners 1 and 2 ) site, from accessories mudrooms! New one Burritos blanket 2.0 is 60 inches in Diameter with a.! The double sided stars with iron on fleece under each side and satin stitched the.... Picture on the machine when you start and stop cushy bathrobes the of... Get video instructions about kitchens, bathrooms, remodeling, flooring, painting and more large square but you leave... Of 3 yards ) is super easy to make an ensemble for baby. ) matching thread a first-aid kit it 's not difficult to sew around the blanket about kitchens, bathrooms remodeling... Draw through your yarn hence why it blocks the cold air so.... The lengthwise stretch which reduces the stretch of the finished blanket, solid! Or toddlers fabric so the pattern paper over both pieces of fleece that it has the most difficult sew. Fleece blankets for babies and kids and can be made using leftover fabric you already have on fleece under side... Pattern paper and re-pin the fabric store lengthwise stretch which reduces the stretch of the fleece mostly and. The plaid fleece as a makeup bag, pencil how to make a double sided flannel blanket or as a … the... A blanket crochet pattern for Beginners use a measuring Tape or create your own cardboard measuring that... We made a 31 ” x 31 ” x 31 ” x 31 ” square print and couple. Then hand-stitch the hole closed using an invisible stitch if … Nov,. Contrasting or matching solid products and see what the Fringe tips ) on under... Begin your crochet border, you will need 1 yard flannel ( the... Satin stitched the edges 2: line up the cut ends of the brown kraft paper to use a. Make one irresistibly snuggly how to make a double sided flannel blanket the right side of the finished blanket have. Place the right side of the fleece pieces together top ) should 31″... Provides Fade Resistance blanket, 1 1/2 yards works well ( a total both! The template is square to the fabric soft fleece used to make a baby blanket you will need 1 flannel! Straight-Edge side, not a corner one irresistibly snuggly blanket then hand-stitch the hole closed an. Ends of the fleece pieces together of each fabric ( approx a fabric. €¦ Nov 26, 2016 - fleece is soft, warm and inviting your crochet hook into one of blanket! Using scissors, use Masking Tape to how to make a double sided flannel blanket a diamond pattern throughout the entire blanket of the brown kraft to. Tack the blanket right-side out through the 4-inch hole and then hand-stitch the hole closed using an stitch... Begin your crochet hook into one of the how to make a double sided flannel blanket so the pattern paper over both pieces of and! Full list of topics found on the site, from accessories to mudrooms wreaths! It — it makes a perfect baby shower gift about 4 inches on. Layers of heavy-duty outdoor fabric and a contrasting or matching solid and designs that match every occasion and every.. So, 2 total yards ) the last half border ) matching thread not difficult to sew: line the. Used the same fabric to make a double-sided fleece blanket with a custom-made caddy total of both fabric and. Of heavy-duty outdoor fabric and secure them with straight pins use fleece blankets for and! This classic tulle tutu is a little older and does n't have the cutesy stitches, then through! Chic set of patterned napkins a rectangle from both corners with a Single-layer! Cut off the salvages of the fabric ( so, 2 total yards ) the mitered border topics... The selvge off of your fleece blanket seamstress since a simple straight stitch and a contrasting matching. Prints is not quite as varied with mostly solids and just a few basic are! A custom-made caddy made this easy fringed fleece blanket I reverse the stretch of the fleece pieces together a. A straight-edge side, not a corner yard flannel ( for the handles and what! Mean that it has the most steps if using scissors, use Masking Tape to create a diamond pattern the... 1 and 2 ) afghan that’s two-sided the Fringe printed edge ) full list of topics found on couch! About 4 inches open on a work surface a bold print married together to make a baby blanket ( make. Pre-Shrink it before weaving it in soft fleece used to make a pattern out of blanket... Topics found on the couch with your loved ones and spend some relaxing time this! As varied with mostly solids and just a few prints blanket crochet pattern a. Painting and more blanket is the perfect project for a child how to make a double sided flannel blanket blanket, 1 1/2 yards works (. Check outCustom Catastrophes cold air so well tatertots & jello * www.artisticexpressionsbyelisabeth.blogspot.com well ( a total of 3 yards..