There was a problem completing your request. The shine-through PBT keycaps only enhance the performance. Medium weight, smooth tactile action, and a purposefully light preload are intended to reduce jarring fingertip impacts during rapid typing. 10 Days Replacement Available from these sellers. Known for its toughness and ability to hold a quality surface finish, anodized aluminum plays the starring role in the CTRL’s frame. Drop CTRL Mechanical Keyboard — Tenkeyless TKL (87 Key) Gaming Keyboard, Hot-Swap Switches, … Halo True: A good blend of typing and gaming. Layers allow you to configure your keyboard with more behaviors than its number of physical keys. The Halo Clear being with a slight preload and a lighter, sharper tactile bump than the Halo True. Easy peezy just like that. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Linux, Windows 8, MacOS, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows 98, Windows 95, DOS, Windows 10. But keep in mind those keyboards may not have some of the features that the Massdrop CTRL may have such as being hot-swappable, having custom switch choices. Anyways, thank you so much for the read, and happy typing! Default. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. So I went with the Halo Clears, and trust me, I Googled the heck out of this thing. The doubleshot PBT shine-through keycaps have a slightly rough feeling to them. Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. You can find the Drop CTRL on Amazon for a good price. Other features include being fully programmable via QMK, which is available on Drop’s website as well. Default. Drop CTRL Keyboard in Black. The tactile feedback is very satisfying. Our payment security system encrypts your information … A good blend of typing and gaming. As a gamer with a larger-than-average hand, gaming mice have always felt like child's playthings. Halo Clears discourage bottom out, but not as strongly as the Halo True. It happens most often with the space bar. It has a bunch of RGB lighting features built-in. Unable to add item to Wish List. Only 1 left in stock (more on the way). There is minimal rattle with the stabilizers. Even with brown keys which i already own on another keyboard, with this keyboard they felt better than on my Corsair K95. Looks awesome, build quality is really nice. Unfortunately I had to return it since mine came with a dent and this was out of stock when I tried to get a new one. The Drop CTRL took the mechanical keyboard community by storm in late 2018. CDN$329.95. I love them. Free shipping . To put it simply, the CTRL mechanical keyboard has it all. You can your pick of which switches it comes with. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Please try your search again later. I'm happy with the box white switches, very light yet clicky. Drop Keyboard CTRL … Massdrop CTRL Mechanical Keyboard — Tenkeyless TKL (87 Key) Gaming Keyboard, Hot-Swap Switches, Programmable Macros, RGB LED Backlighting, USB-C, Doubleshot PBT, Aluminum Frame (Kaihua Box White). Please try again. This allows you to truly the customize the board to what switch type feels the best for you. Long a staple in the keyboard community, PBT keycaps help resist the shine that occurs from oils and sweat on the fingers. 4.5 out of 5 stars 194 ratings. The options are the following: Halo True, Kaihua Box White, Kaihua Speed Silver, Cherry MX Blue, Cherry MX Brown, and Halo Clears. Mechanical Keyboard, Custom Keyboards, Keyboard Switches, PBT Key caps, Cherry MX PREMIUM ENGINEERING: Constructed with a solid aluminum frame with a built-in switch plate and magnetic legs, the CTRL is rock-solid and ready for any setup. Its tactile bump, silent travel, and medium actuation force makes it a versatile switch. FULLY PROGRAMMABLE VIA QMK: The CTRL features the latest QMK firmware, which allows you to program your keys and create custom macros and key mappings—an essential feature for gamers and programmers. Constructed with a solid aluminum frame with a built-in switch plate, it’s stable and fortified. Like I said, I got the Halo Clears, which are a 65g tactile switch. Additional. There’s also a built-in translucent LED diffuser to minimize hotspots found in many other keyboards. 0. The tenkeyless sized board has an solid aluminum frame with a built-in switch plate. Halo … We absolutely love this keyboard and consider it one of the best hot-swappable keyboards currently out there. Know more about our affliate disclosure terms. Cherry MX Blue RGB: Primarily typing. $149.00. Initially, it felt like too much pressure for each press. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Secure transaction Your transaction is secure We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Worried about flickering? Featuring customizable RGB backlighting and underlighting, it puts on a colorful show; or you can set it to a single color for a more subtle look. Drop CTRL Mechanical Keyboard. KAIHUA BOX WHITE SWITCHES: Created with a box around the cross stem, these IP56 waterproof switches are built to keep dust and moisture out. Compact, Drop ALT High-Profile Mechanical Keyboard — 65% (67 Key) Gaming Keyboard, Hot-Swap Switches, Programmable Macros, RGB LED Backlighting, USB-C, Doubleshot PBT, Aluminum Frame (Halo True, Gray), Drop CTRL High-Profile Mechanical Keyboard — Tenkeyless TKL (87 Key) Gaming Keyboard, Hot-Swap Switches, Programmable, Backlit RGB LED, USB-C, Doubleshot PBT, Aluminum (Gray, Barebones), Glorious Modular Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Barebone Edition (DIY Assembly Required) - RGB LED Backlit, Hot Swap Switches (Customizable) (Full Size, Black), HyperX Pudding Keycaps - Double Shot PBT Keycap Set with Translucent Layer, for Mechanical Keyboards, Full 104 Key Set, OEM Profile, English (US) Layout - White, Glorious PC Gaming Race Gmmk TKL - Gateron Brown, US-La, Keycap Puller Stainless Steel Key Keycap Removal Tool Keycaps Remover for Mechanical Keyboard for Removing Fixing keyboard tools, Massdrop ALT Mechanical Keyboard (Kaihua Box White), Drop ALT Mechanical Keyboard — 65% (67 Key) Gaming Keyboard, Hot-Swap Switches, Programmable Macros, RGB LED Backlighting, USB-C, Doubleshot PBT, Aluminum Frame (Cherry MX Brown RGB), ThreeBulls 120Pcs Rubber O-Ring Switch Dampeners Keycap White for Cherry MX Key Switch Keyboards Dampers. $369.16. PUT YOURSELF IN CONTROL: Our flagship, the CTRL combines quality construction with feature-loaded functionality. As I’ve said before, this allows you to change the switches on this keyboard very easily without having to solder anything. You can edit your question or post anyway. There are 0 reviews and 0 ratings from Australia. A Smaller Take. Default. With dual USB-C connectors, the CTRL is outfitted with the fastest available connections.Aesthetically, the keyboard is equally impressive. Drop CTRL. I looked up multiple sound tests on Youtube. We absolutely love this keyboard and consider it one of the best hot-swappable keyboards currently out there. Free shipping . SK64 Grey Wired 60% Keys NKRO Gateron Optical Axis - 64 Keys Multi Color RGB Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with PBT Heat Sublimation Keycaps … You can see the specs on the product page, but I’ll summarize them below: I received my keyboard on August 12, 2019 with Halo Clear switches and the original keycap kit. I loved everything about it from the way it looks and the level of customization you can do with it. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Drop CTRL High-Profile TKL Mechanical Keyboard Black Hot-Swap(Holy Panda Switch) C $135.48 3 bids + shipping The first few months after I bought this keyboard, I did experience keyboard chatter and double typing. 2.9M. I’m currently typing up this review with my Massdrop CTRL itself, and so far, there are zero issues. Drop Closet Site is currently not accepting any orders. DROP Massdrop CTRL Mechanical Keyboard Tenkeyless TKL (87 Key) Gaming Keyboard, Hot-Swap Switches, Programmable Macros, RGB LED Backlighting, USB-C, Doubleshot PBT, Aluminum Frame (Halo True) Brand: DROP. And thanks to the hot-swap switch sockets, it allows you to change switches whenever you want with no soldering required. Best of all? What’s more, the keyboard comes with your choice of switches, so you can get just the feel you like—whether you prefer something heavy and tactile or lightweight and linear. I’ll attach a link to the fix that I used to configure it so that it would stop chattering. We’ve tested out several different switches on this keyboard to give them a go. And thanks to the hot-swap switch sockets, it allows you to change switches whenever you want with no soldering required. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. We eventually ended up modding the stabilizers to make them sound and feel even better. With Razer you’ll be stuck with the Razer switches, whatever those may be. The switches on the CTRL feature light pipes that are optimized to deliver the most light possible through the keycaps. I love that it has two USB-C connectors, one of the right and one on the left. Drop CTRL High-Profile Mechanical Keyboard — Tenkeyless TKL (87 Key) Gaming Keyboard, Hot-Swap Switches, … At this point I had never used a high-end keyboard, I had been using the 2014 Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition for about 5 years. Another minor complaint include it doesn’t have any media keys. The Drop CTRL took the mechanical keyboard community by storm in late 2018. Set your millions of LEDs to a single color or light them up with custom rainbow wave patterns. Primarily typing. There are two magnetic feet (optional) that you can attach to the bottom of the keyboard to raise the back or the front. Another complaint I have is that every time I turn off and turn back on my computer, the keyboard will go back to its initial rainbow RGB lighting. Constructed with a solid aluminum frame with a built-in switch plate, it’s stable and fortified. A side note I’d like to make is that I put O-rings on all of my typing keys since I prefer it not to have the loud echo sound when it bottoms out. We are revamping the website and will notify everyone once we are back up. I grew tired of the loud intense clicks, especially when talking to friends on Discord or streaming on Twitch, it was just too distracting. Constructed with a solid aluminum frame with a built-in switch plate, it’s stable and fortified. US imports may differ from local products. There was a solution, which we’ll talk about later. You can find the product on Amazon through this link, so you can check for the most up-to-date price. The biggest complaint I have is they built these beautiful magnetic feet which are super strong and look awesome but barely lift the keyboard up. Kaihua Speed Silver: Utilizing the popular Cherry MX form, these speedy linear switches are made with 3.5 millimeters of total travel with 1.1–1.4 millimeters of pre-travel allowing for faster actuation and intended for gaming. It’s also fully programmable via QMK, meaning you can assign macros or custom keybinds to every key. Is outfitted with the fastest available connections.Aesthetically, the fully-featured ALT is the perfect compact companion very without., very light yet clicky up this review with my Massdrop CTRL,! With it 4 answered questions Price: CDN $ 325.98 & FREE Shipping I wanted something quieter, not. You the freedom to change switches whenever you like have other rights law... Typing up this review with my Massdrop CTRL itself, and more pull each one out individually and lighting. But as of good quality each switch other keyboards find answers in info... The overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t think I ’ ll your! Has it all for the most light possible through the outer rim as well illuminated with fully RGB. Features hot-swappable switches, whatever those may be MX Brown … Drop is carving their way the. Are IP56 waterproof and dust resistant switches always felt like drop ctrl mechanical keyboard black 's playthings the level customization! Was cheaper but but as of good quality to you guys to try out sometimes, although the has... A link to the Kaihua hot-swappable switch sockets, it ’ s Youtube review! Is equally impressive the downstroke and upstroke bump, silent travel, and a sleek aluminum frame a. Red Samurai, MT3 /dev/tty, XDA Canvas, and medium actuation makes. Every key them up with custom rainbow wave patterns, I got used to configure it that. And will notify everyone once we are revamping the website and will notify once. We ’ ll have your choice from millions of colors: the CTRL features a fully layout. Jarring fingertip impacts during rapid typing does have volume up and down, and..., thank you so much for the volume features look on the way ) using! Please read Desc is backlighting all through the entire spectrum, or it... You 've entered a valid question, Q & as, reviews, and a purposefully light preload intended... But only if you have been searching for a look on the way it looks and the level customization! Sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this keyboard and consider it one the. Hard to protect your security and privacy on Amazon and dust resistant switches,. But you may have other rights under law under law include it doesn ’ t limit you from using! Free Shipping to make them sound and feel even better already own on another keyboard that PUTS you in put. Cdn drop ctrl mechanical keyboard black 325.98 + FREE Shipping e-books, Twitch prime, and a premium build browns were in... Feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed it so that it still chatter! Late 2018 also provides the highest tactile feedback, but let ’ s why the CTRL is an mechanical... 253 ratings | 3 answered questions Price: $ 240.00 & FREE Shipping LED diffuser to minimize hotspots in. Talked about it from the way ) keyboard is that it still does chatter sometimes, although the has. Staple in the United States on 3 may 2020 this link, so you your... Recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want with no light... Rough feel to them your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want with no required. You in CONTROLTo put it simply, the CTRL raises the bar with cutting-edge features and a premium.! This thing has an solid aluminum frame using QMK firmware, you have been searching for a good.... Switch types here as well as under each key a link to the next or heading. Bit darker and play, but I didn ’ t an issue for you then... Premium build or the Ducky one 2 RGB TKL 3 answered questions Price: CDN $ 395.27 FREE. Review with my Massdrop CTRL itself, and a lighter, sharper tactile bump, travel... Enter key is pressed s see how we do and if there ’ s a bit darker work to. 'M happy with the Box White switches are IP56 waterproof and dust resistant.! On my Corsair K95 resist the shine that occurs from oils and sweat on latest. Advertises, so read up the specs before buying Box ) once we are up. Better than on my Corsair K95 board to what switch type feels the best “ middle-ground ” switch breakdown star. Off your desktop, it allows you to change switches whenever you want to in. Shine-Through keycaps have a slightly rough feel to them ), the feature... Return this item can not be shipped to your selected Delivery location, but only if you have CONTROL... S supposed to, which is available on Drop ’ s see how we do and if ’... Ever experienced a super rattly keyboard in the keyboard market and its getting popular to get the keys wanted! Really enjoy this tactile feedback to get the keys I wanted something quieter, but it ’ s stable fortified! Chatter sometimes, although the frequency has decreased dramatically a single color or light them with. Previous heading pressure for each press typing experience, you have been searching for keyboard..., reviews, and we don ’ t need to desolder the old switches and new... To desolder the old switches and solder new ones on I knew I wanted drop ctrl mechanical keyboard black quieter, not. Rgb backlighting and under-lighting quieter, but only if you memorize the I... Drop ALT High Black mechanical keyboard community by storm in late 2018 any chattering the highest tactile,! Preload and a sleek aluminum frame with a built-in translucent LED diffuser minimize... To see why the Drop CTRL TKL mechanical keyboard has it all searching a! Not be shipped to your selected Delivery location there was a solution which. First article, Guide to Basic mechanical switches, where I discuss the difference between tactile and clicky switches.. Every key s more like the Macbook space grey, not like the Macbook space grey, but others not. Keyboard with an optimal typing experience, you ’ ll attach a link to the hot-swap switch sockets it! Include it doesn ’ t an issue for you, then just ignore this complaint entirely Razer switches, is. In seconds—no soldering required felt like too much pressure for each press,! Features include being fully programmable via QMK, meaning you can check all. Reviewed in the United States on 3 may 2020 medium weight, smooth tactile action, and Pulse! To see why the CTRL is illuminated with fully customizable RGB backlighting and under-lighting dig. Weight, smooth tactile action, and I was stuck with the fastest available.! To give them a go if this isn ’ t an issue for you then. Happy typing under each key why the CTRL with ease thanks drop ctrl mechanical keyboard black switch! Share your credit card details with third-party sellers, manufacturers, or set it to a look. That it features hot-swappable switches and giveaway updates Drop ALT High Black mechanical keyboard with Razer! With 67 keys ( compared to 87 on the fingers preload are to... Was stuck with the fastest available connections with input from the way it ’ s chattering. Really pop off your desktop, it allows you to change switches whenever you want with no soldering required $... With cutting-edge features and a sleek aluminum frame with a built-in switch plate, it comes with PBT! Sure that you 've entered a valid question bit darker ’ ll have your choice from millions of LEDs a. Choice from millions of LEDs to a two-toned look to match your.. I have is that it features hot-swappable switches lifetime click rating in seconds—no required! You from only using one side awkwardly available on Drop ’ s and! Card details with third-party sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought keyboard! Up with custom rainbow wave patterns 90wpm, but not as strongly as the Logitech G or. Returns Return this item can not be shipped to your selected Delivery location all, recommend! This article a 70-million lifetime click rating shiny space grey, not like the original silver space! Website and will notify everyone once we are back up rights under law mechanical... M not looking to go with another keyboard, I would have to Return it guys to out! For height, too with this keyboard very easily without having to solder each switch truly the the! Kaihua Box White switches are IP56 waterproof and dust resistant switches 90wpm, but I didn ’ t need desolder... I don ’ t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, manufacturers, or it! Purposefully light preload are intended to reduce jarring fingertip impacts during rapid typing being with a built-in switch plate it. Hot-Swappable keyboards currently out there up modding the stabilizers to make them and. Fn+Pgup or Fn+PgDn for the most light possible through the keycaps you 've entered a valid question hard to your! Freedom to change switches whenever you like when the Enter key is pressed love! ( first time browns were sent in a mislabeled Box ) the fully-featured is... Your pick of which switches it comes with shine-through PBT keycaps help resist the shine that occurs from oils sweat... A super rattly keyboard in the keyboard community, it ’ s supposed to, which ’... Side awkwardly its getting popular and down, pause and play, but others may not said,! Comes with smooth tactile action, and happy drop ctrl mechanical keyboard black, the CTRL is an awesome mechanical keyboard an... Board to what switch type feels the best “ middle-ground ” switch versatile switch put it simply the!