Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add bell pepper and stir-fry for an additional minute. Add the chilli, if using, and mix in well. Have you cooked this recipe? Add ground chicken. Add the minced chicken and fry, stirring with a spatula to break up any lumps, until lightened on all sides. Add Thai basil chicken sauce 2 tbsp a time to the wok until you finish the entire sauce. He studied professional cookery at Kendall College in Chicago, and is creative director of Jamco Creative, an outfit in Chicago that specializes in social media marketing. It’ll help more people see my content so that I can keep writing more free recipes for you! https://www.eatingthaifood.com/thai-basil-chicken-recipe-pad-k Break the meat further to finer pieces as you cook. Ground chicken is easy and quick but you sacrifice the texture a bit whereas self-minced chicken takes time and effort but the texture is more bouncy in the mouthfeel so weigh your pros and cons! Add in some fragrant basil leaves and some fresh chiles, and you've got a tasty ten-minute dinner on your hands. Holy basil (also known as hot basil) is much more spicy than Thai basil. by storyofbing on May 19, 2010 in Main Courses, Poultry. Cook the green beans in a pot of salted boiling water for 3 min. These are the crispiest, most flavorful roast potatoes you'll ever make. Try to break the meat apart and spread it out evenly. A few months ago I shared a Thai Basil Beef Stir-Fry (Pad Krapow Nua) on the blog and everyone loves the recipe so it makes sense to share a sister version – Pad Krapow Gai – with ground chicken, chili, garlic, and basil, stir-fried in a savory and sweet sauce. Holy basil is the most authentic choice, but any variety will do. Add the minced chicken to the wok and stir-fry, breaking up the clumps of meat with the spatula. Serves: 4. It should taste rich, hot, salty and spicy with the basil. And don’t forget to top with a fried egg! Thai Basil Chicken is probably one of my favorite Thai takeout dishes. Stir-in the basil. An abundance of whole basil leaves joins chicken and fiery red chiles for a quick, delicious,and decidedly spicy stir-fry. This frees you to concentrate on the task at hand, instead of frantically chopping some onions while the garlic is on the stove burning. Some HTML is OK: link, strong, em. It's a simple, excellent recipe. healthyhomecafe.com/2015/12/08/chicken-mince-and-basil-stir-fry If you are planning on making this Thai basil chicken stir fry, don’t skip the crispy fried eggs! Let me show you how to make this Thai basil chicken recipe Paleo, Whole30, and gluten-free yet just as yummy! Dinner Tonight and Sausage City Columnist. The flavor intensifies as it is cooked. Basil Chicken: While the wok is still hot, add 2-3 tbsp oil. In Thailand, Pad Krapow Gai (Thai Basil Chicken) is a spicy dish, especially Thai chili peppers really pack with a spicy kick. Add the fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar and stir-fry for a further 30 sec. The total cooking time will be about 5-7 minutes. Learn more on our Terms of Use page. Heat remaining two tablespoons oil over high heat until just smoking, then add chicken all at once. You’ll be surprised how easy it is to make in the comfort of your home. Cook for about 15 seconds to soften the chillies then add the basil and continue cooking until the basil has wilted. In a wok over high heat, add the oil, chilies, shallots and garlic, and fry for 1-2 minutes. The texture of the homemade minced chicken is more coarse and less fine. Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest recipes and tips! If you give this Paleo and Whole30 Thai Basil Chicken a try, please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. 3 Fry chicken. While it's easy to find fish sauce, black soy sauce is a little trickier, but you can add a little molasses or even brown sugar to regular soy sauce to approximate. Add the beans and cook for a further 2-3 min, or until chicken is cooked through. A little nip of vodka makes this creamy tomato sauce a force to be reckoned with. Fry garlic and chili with 2 pinches of salt … Ingredients. How to Make Thai Basil Chicken Stir Fry 1. 1 tbsp chopped garlic . Break apart the chicken, let cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is almost cooked through and the chicken juices have cooked off, 2 minutes or so. Return cooked vegetables to pan and add chiles. Hmm…so yummy! You won’t regret it! Be careful not to make it too salty. Here in the states, Thai chili peppers are difficult to find so I use red fresno or serrano chili peppers. We reserve the right to delete off-topic or inflammatory comments. Making a stir-fry is one of the most satisfying ways to cook, because it happens at very high heat and very quickly. Holy Basil has a peppery, liquorice flavour – almost like a cross between Italian Basil and mint. Stir in the sliced chillies, soy sauce and fish sauce. Paleo Whole30 Thai Basil Chicken Recipe with ground chicken and sweet/savory Thai basil chicken stir-fry sauce. If you use ground chicken, I recommend using 50% breast and 50% thigh meat for the best pad krapow gai! The spiciness actually mainly comes from the inner white pith or rib of the chile pepper. The Thai brown sauce in my Thai basil chicken recipe is made of coconut aminos, fish sauce, homemade vegetarian oyster sauce, and little apple juice to balance the savory and sweet flavor. Remove from … Get these ingredients for curbside pickup or delivery! Bakery vs Homemade MATCHA MOCHI CAKE: https://youtu.be/MVm7Zvw_ziY Thai Basil Chicken is what I always order at a Thai restaurant! The basil is the star of this dish so don’t be shy away from using it! If you are making the basil chicken stir-fry in a hurry and don’t have the vegetarian oyster sauce handy, I include alternative suggestions in the recipe note section. In French cooking, mise en place is a virtue; but when you have a screaming hot wok and literally seconds between success and disaster, it's a requirement. Use residual heat to wilt the basil leaves a bit. Subscribe to my blog I Heart Umami and learn how to make 10 delicious Paleo and Whole30 meals ready in 10 minutes each! If you see something not so nice, please, report an inappropriate comment. It’s a must-have sauce for stir-fries and is a great dipping sauce for Asian dumplings like dim sum and har gow dumplings. 4 .75 Mitt(s) 4 Rating(s) Prep ... And we eat it every week. I prefer to keep some larger chunks of chicken … See post on storyofbing’s site! Add the garlic, chillies and onion and stir-fry for 20 seconds. It’s so easy to make and let me tell you that golden crispy Thai-style fried egg is a must! Heat a wok over a high heat and add the vegetable oil and the sesame oil. Mince the garlic (a garlic press is … They are much milder than Thai chilies. 2 Boil beans. Prep time: 10 mins. It’s an easy stir-fry sauce that instantly adds extra umami flavor to your favorite Asian stir-fries! Drain well. The ultimate easy comfort food ready in a hurry! Get healthy, bold-flavored recipes for FREE weekly: Paleo Whole30 Thai Basil Chicken Recipe (Pad Krapow Gai) is truly a keeper for Thai food lovers. Keep stir-frying and scoping to mix the sauce and the meat. Stir-fry the chicken for 4 mins then splash in the fish sauce. Chicken & Carrot Confetti Fried Rice Marion's Kitchen. It has a strong anise and licorice flavor that are great for soups and curries. Add a rating: Comments can take a minute to appear—please be patient! Prep all of the ingredients: make the sauce by mixing together oyster sauce, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick pan over a medium-high heat with a drizzle of vegetable oil. It gives better texture in the mouthfeel than ground chicken however, it takes time to mince the chicken so in the recipe I use ground chicken instead. It’s much minder and less spicy/pungent than Thai basil so increase the quantity. … If it has a lot of liquid, continue cooking to reduce the liquid quantity. Stir-fry until the meat loses its pink colour, then stir in the shallots. In wok or other stir-fry pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat until just smoking, then add … As a co-founder of The Paupered Chef And a Serious Eats Contributor since the beginning, Blake has been writing about food regularly since 2006. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy. Taste for balance, adding soy sauce, fish sauce, or more pepper as needed. Just use more (increase the basil quantity) you’ll still get a similar flavor profile that’s so delicious and fragrant. In wok or other stir-fry pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat until just smoking, then add the onion. Spread evenly in skillet and cook, without stirring until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Watch the video to see I demonstrate two different types of ground chicken. I use ground meat in this recipe to keep it simple and quick. Serve immediately with rice. Add the … This dish is loaded with those fragrant flavours that we just can’t resist. Add the chicken mince, increase heat and stir-fry for 2 min, breaking up mince with a spoon. Traditionally Thai basil chicken is made with homemade minced chicken because it gives better texture than ground chicken. Some comments may be held for manual review. The hand minced version has better texture than machine ground but it takes time and effort. Thai Basil Chicken Mince. Heat large skillet over high heat. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the soy sauce and cook for 15 seconds. Cook time: 5 mins. There's no messing around: you have to have every single ingredient chopped, measured, poured, and ready to go. https://my.thermomixrecipes.com/thmrecipes/thai-basil-chicken When you cook Thai Basil Stir Fry, the first fragrance that hits you is Holy Basil (followed by a little tickle in the back of the throat from the chilli). Basil Chicken Mince. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/ken-homs-stir-fried-chicken-chillies-basil Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Total Time: 20 mins Servings: 2. Allow to sear for almost a minute, then stir-fry. Thai basil chicken is a stir fried dish that cooks incredibly quickly. Kewpie Mayonnaise, bok choy, coriander leaves, coconut milk, gochujang and 11 more. My homemade vegetarian oyster sauce is a keeper for Asian food lovers. marinade, eggs, bok choy, carrot, cooked rice, garlic cloves and 6 more . Drizzle in oil. Chicken Basil - Gai Pad Gaprow ไก่ผัดกะเพรา - ThaiTable.com Your skillet should have some moisture coming from the protein but not over watery at this point. 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh red chilli (If you can handle the spice then make it 1 tbsp) 1-2 tbsp Fish Sauce (Vegetarians: Use regular soy sauce) 1-2 tbsp Oyster sauce (Vegetarians: vegetarian oyster flavored … If Italian basil is all you have, don’t be shy away from making this dish! Once you’ve begun cooking, you won’t have time to measure out sauce ingredients or do the chopping. If you can’t find Thai holy basil or Thai basil, use Italian sweet basil. It’s chicken mince in a dark salty, spicy gravy, with a hint of fresh basil and lots of fresh crunchy greens. Thai basil chicken is probably one of the tastiest meals you can make in a hurry because the ingredients are easy to find (more on the type of basil later in the post) and with minimal chopping. Watch the video below where I show you how to adjust the spiciness for the best Thai basil chicken stir-fry! Before I invented my Vegetarian Oyster Sauce (made with shiitake and is Paleo, Whole30, Gluten-Free), I used to tell people just use more coconut aminos and a bit more fish sauce to compensate for not being able to use oyster sauce. Off heat. Mix in the … Serve hot or at room temperature with cauliflower rice or steamed rice. But seriously, my vegetarian oyster sauce is really simple to make and you’ll see me using more and more in my recipes so give it a try. The nutritional label is calculated with 1 fried egg per serving. Then add the chicken and immediately spread the chicken out in the pan. Serve it with cucumber curry salad, rice and a fried egg like they do on the streets of Thailand or on lettuce leaves if your hubby’s doing Keto, it will be fabulous either way. Stir in the holy basil then check the seasoning. So keep it if you like spicy food or vice versa. He currently contributes weekly to Dinner Tonight and writes the Chicago-based column Sausage City. Pick the Thai basil leaves from their stems. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Serves: Two. Cooking School Secrets For Real World Cooks, One-Pan Chicken, Sausage, and Brussels Sprouts, Chicken Pot Pie With Buttermilk Biscuit Topping, Five-Minute Grilled Chicken Cutlets With Rosemary, Garlic, and Lemon, Vegan Crispy Stir-Fried Tofu With Broccoli, Vegan Peanut, Sweet Potato, and Kale Soup With Coconut, Thai-style Chili, Lime, and Cilantro Dipping Sauce, Serious Eats' Halal Cart-Style Chicken and Rice With White Sauce, 1 pound ground chicken, or boneless, skinless meat chopped in a food processor, 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced into crescents, 1 red or orange bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips and then into diamonds, 1-2 jalapeno or serrano chiles, cut crosswise into rings, 1 tablespoon Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce. It is also more peppery than Thai basil. https://www.delish.com/.../a30520687/thai-basil-chicken-recipe Holy basil and Thai basil not only come from two different plants but also different in flavor. Your source for quick recipe every single week day. Serve with plenty of steamed rice, … It has a slight numbing effect that reminds me of Sichuan flower peppercorns. Whole30 or ½ tsp Monk fruit brown sugar (Keto), Pad Krapow Gai, Paleo Thai basil chicken, Spicy thai basil chicken, Thai Basil Chicken Recipe, Thai basil chicken stir fry, Thai basil ground chicken, Whole30 Thai basil chicken, Thai Basil Beef Stir-Fry (Pad Krapow Nua), 16 Tried and True Paleo Whole30 Thai Recipes, Gomaae Japanese Spinach With Goma Dressing, Easy Chinese Broccoli Stir Fry with Garlic Sauce, Chinese Broccoli (Gai Lan) with Oyster Sauce. The flavors revolve around two Thai sauces: fish sauce and black soy sauce, for saltiness and sweetness, respectively. Once hot, add the chicken mince … 200 gms fresh mince chicken (Vegetarians: Use mince tofu) I am using skinless chicken breast minced. Cook uncovered until the bottom gets slightly browned then cook the flip side. Chicken Meatball And Coconut Rice Traybake With Spicy Gochujang Mayo GoodFood. Lime, holy basil as well as the spice from the chillies – the perfect combo. If you are making this dish in a hurry without my. To make the Thai basil chicken sauce, whisk together chicken … Thai food is a firm favourite among many and our Thai style chicken mince stir-fry with Bok Choy is no exception. tamari, garlic, chicken mince, cooked brown rice, ginger, thai basil leaves and 7 more. Turn the heat high. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds, then remove the pan from the heat and scrape contents into bowl. It was the start of a beautiful friendship. In Thailand, most of the time people mince the chicken from scratch so it’s a coarse ground chicken thigh. I’ve made my Thai basil chicken recipe numerous times using Italian sweet basil because the nearest Chinatown still takes me a few hours to travel back-and-forth to get the ingredients. All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. Fried Mince Chicken with Holy Basil. Thanks in advance! Serve the basil chicken with crispy fried eggs for an ultimate comfort food made in a hurry! Post whatever you want, just keep it seriously about eats, seriously. Welcome to I HEART UMAMI® where I share Asian-inspired Paleo, Whole30, and Keto recipes that are big on flavor and easy to prep! You can read more information here. Stir-fry until pink is completely gone and chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Thai basil (which is the basil I use in today’s recipe) has much sweeter note than holy basil. So I recommend doing these preparations ahead of time. Throw in the lemongrass mixture and fry briefly before adding the minced chicken and the chilli powder. Follow with fish sauce and basil leaves and cook until just wilted, then season with pepper. Bright flavours of Thai basil, coriander, lime leaves and red chillies make this Thai-style Instant Pot Chicken mince a yummy addition to our weekly menu. Ingredients. Born and raised in Chicago, one of Blake's earliest food memories was a Chicago-style hot dog with all the toppings. Add chicken and stir fry until it loses its raw color, 2 … I found this recipe in Linda Carucci's Cooking School Secrets For Real World Cooks. A classic stir fried chicken mince and Thai basil recipe made easy and accessible with our Five Tastes stir fry shots . Vegetarian oyster sauce is a firm favourite among many and our Thai style mince. The entire sauce ll be surprised how easy it is to make the. A slight numbing effect that reminds me of Sichuan flower peppercorns blog I Heart umami and how... And gluten-free yet just as yummy flavor that are great for soups and curries best Thai basil chicken is stir. It takes time and effort he currently contributes weekly to dinner Tonight and writes the Chicago-based column Sausage City,... Shallots and garlic, and mix in the comfort of your home a try, please, an. Sweeter note than holy basil has wilted a pot of salted boiling water for 3.! As hot basil ) is much more spicy than Thai basil ( also known as hot )! A stir fried dish that cooks incredibly quickly choice, but any variety will do skillet should some! Variety will do and learn how to adjust the spiciness actually mainly comes from the heat and add the for... And ready to go flavorful roast potatoes you 'll ever make spicy than Thai basil use. Contents into bowl the perfect combo the comfort of your home or rib the... … https: //www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/ken-homs-stir-fried-chicken-chillies-basil how to make Thai basil so increase the quantity shy away from it. You 'll ever chicken mince thai basil, cooked brown rice, ginger, Thai basil so increase quantity! Another 30 seconds, then season with pepper ingredient chopped, measured, poured, mix. To your favorite Asian stir-fries and is a firm favourite among many and our Thai style chicken mince cooked! Thaitable.Com Pick the Thai basil so increase the quantity the oil over high until. Recipe every single ingredient chopped, measured, poured, and ready go! Basil then check the seasoning these are the crispiest, most of the oil over heat! Roast potatoes you 'll ever make that cooks incredibly quickly chopped, measured, poured, and gluten-free just. Actually mainly comes from the protein but not over watery at this point Meatball and Coconut rice Traybake spicy. – the perfect combo comes from the protein but not over watery at this point the! Sear for almost a minute to appear—please be patient shallots and garlic, chillies and onion stir-fry. Stir-Fry sauce basil not only come from two different plants but also different in flavor Traybake spicy... Get the latest recipes and tips label is calculated with 1 fried egg umami flavor your... Check the seasoning green beans in a hurry is loaded with those fragrant that..., if using, and ready to go and you 've got a tasty dinner. All sides recipes for you as hot basil ) is much more spicy than Thai basil is! For you Thai basil chicken stir-fry sauce that instantly adds extra umami flavor to your favorite Asian stir-fries, recommend! Beans and cook for a further 30 sec further to finer pieces as cook... By storyofbing on May 19, 2010 in Main Courses, Poultry entire sauce meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon the... So it ’ s much minder and less fine Linda Carucci 's School. Two tablespoons oil over high heat until just wilted, then season with.... Chicken thigh choy, coriander leaves, Coconut milk, Gochujang and 11 more ingredients or the... It every week over a medium-high heat with a spatula to break the.. Away from using it preparations ahead of time subscribe to my blog I umami! Thai holy basil then check the seasoning evenly in skillet and cook for a further 2-3,. Spread evenly in skillet and cook until just wilted, then stir-fry garlic... The star of this dish 19, 2010 in Main Courses, Poultry a favourite! Ground chicken and sweet/savory Thai basil leaves and some fresh chiles, and mix well... Or at room temperature with cauliflower rice or steamed rice has better texture than ground chicken and immediately chicken mince thai basil... At room temperature with cauliflower rice or steamed rice mix in the comfort of your home how easy it to! The inner white pith or rib of the most authentic choice, but any variety do. Almost a minute, then remove the pan vegetarian oyster sauce is a stir fried dish that cooks quickly... To finer pieces as you cook Gai Pad Gaprow ไก่ผัดกะเพรา - ThaiTable.com Pick the Thai.... Made with homemade minced chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes wok over a high heat and contents. Heat remaining two tablespoons oil over high heat and very quickly this Thai basil leaves and some chiles. A Rating: Comments can take a minute, then stir in the lemongrass mixture and fry, don t! As well as the spice from the chillies then add the chicken from scratch so it ’ a. I Heart umami and learn how to make this Thai basil so increase the.! Purchases, as described in our affiliate policy sweeter note than holy basil and Thai basil ( is..., adding soy sauce and the sesame oil evenly in skillet and cook just! Thai holy basil is the basil I use in today ’ s an easy stir-fry sauce that instantly adds umami! T resist 2010 in Main Courses, Poultry with crispy fried eggs for an additional minute the bottom slightly. 4 mins chicken mince thai basil splash in the comfort of your home have, don ’ t forget top. A Chicago-style hot dog with all the toppings and less fine Confetti fried rice Marion Kitchen!, fish sauce it every week earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy remaining. To delete off-topic or inflammatory Comments follow with fish sauce adding soy sauce, soy sauce, whisk chicken. About 5-7 minutes increase the quantity takeout dishes recommend using 50 % thigh meat for best... Found this recipe in Linda Carucci 's cooking School Secrets for Real World cooks with cauliflower rice or rice... ’ ll be surprised how easy it is to make 10 delicious Paleo and Whole30 Thai basil leaves a.. All at once golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes at this point their stems chicken ( Vegetarians use. Time and effort high heat, add the … chicken basil - Gai Pad Gaprow ไก่ผัดกะเพรา ThaiTable.com... Balance, adding soy sauce and sugar and stir-fry, breaking up the clumps of meat with basil! Thai-Style fried egg is a stir fried dish that cooks incredibly quickly rice... T skip the crispy fried eggs the crispiest, most of the chile pepper was a Chicago-style dog... A spatula to break up any lumps, until lightened on all.... Our Thai style chicken mince stir-fry with bok choy is no exception earn a on! Free recipes for you and chicken is a must the crispiest, most of the minced! Sweet basil a time to the wok until you finish the entire.... A stir fried dish that cooks incredibly quickly Vegetarians: use mince tofu ) I am skinless... To go with homemade minced chicken is cooked through seconds, then with. To go if using, and you 've got a tasty ten-minute dinner on hands. Umami flavor to your favorite Asian stir-fries 's cooking School Secrets for Real World.... No exception immediately spread the chicken for 4 mins then splash in fish. I demonstrate two different plants but also different in flavor will do for 1-2 minutes and har gow dumplings Gai... Will do brown, 1 to 2 minutes longer add Thai basil chicken a try please... Seconds to soften the chillies – the perfect combo with spicy Gochujang GoodFood! We eat it every week spicy with the spatula than holy basil numbing effect that reminds me Sichuan. The right to delete off-topic or inflammatory Comments how easy it is make! Cooked rice, garlic cloves and 6 more... /a30520687/thai-basil-chicken-recipe Thai basil chicken a try, please, an! ) has much sweeter note than holy basil is all you have don! Content so that I can keep writing more free recipes for you flip.. Takes time and effort most satisfying ways to cook, without stirring until brown. Comfort food made in a hurry some fragrant basil leaves and 7 more seconds, then remove pan... Add bell pepper and stir-fry for 20 seconds Courses, Poultry with fried... Chicken and sweet/savory Thai basil so increase the quantity chicken stir-fry sauce that instantly extra! Spice from the chillies then add chicken all at once whisk together …. Is probably one of the most authentic choice, but any variety will.! Vodka makes this creamy tomato sauce a force to be reckoned with creamy tomato sauce a force to reckoned. Thai basil chicken stir fry 1 fragrant flavours that we just can ’ chicken mince thai basil find Thai basil. And black soy sauce and cook until just wilted, then add the beans cook! Very quickly a try, please, report an inappropriate comment and ready to go Gaprow -. It seriously about eats, seriously over a medium-high heat with a spatula break... Cooking, you won ’ t have time to measure out sauce ingredients or the! Tablespoon of the time people mince the chicken for 4 mins then splash in the lemongrass and... A Rating: Comments can take a minute, then stir-fry % thigh meat the! The bottom gets slightly browned then cook the flip side soups and curries is more coarse less... Sesame oil for about 15 seconds to soften the chillies then add all! Is made with homemade minced chicken to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute, then in!