Prep:15 mins . salt 0.7g. A broccoli and stilton soup recipe triple-tested by the BBC Good Food team. Jul 15, 2016 - Use up any leftover cheese - blue, Cheddar, Red Leicester... - in these melty baked sandwiches with soup, from BBC Good Food. A common dish around the world, the soup can be prepared as a broth-based or cream-based soup, and the latter can be referred to as "cream of spinach soup." Defrost in the microwave or overnight in the fridge. In 3qt pan, saute onion in butter until soft. Feb 11, 2018 - Go veggie, go green and go filling! Add florets and 1/2 cup water, cover immediately and steam until bright green, 3 to 6 minutes. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, or until al dente. Spinach soup made with a water or vegetable-based broth will contain the fewest calories. The Broccoli spinach almond soup recipe is a wholesome soup packed with nutrients. protein 10g. I had some veg left over from a Sparshotts vegetable box; some Stilton that needed eating, and after a little search of BBC Good Food I had some soup inspiration. The original recipe didn’t involve chilli but I like a little heat so I used chilli oil and sprinkled chilli flakes before serving. In this recipe, broccoli is roasted in a pan until soft along with garlic , ginger and other ingredients .Almonds give it a creamy texture. A vibrant green blended soup with half-fat crème fraîche that’s healthy and filling – make a batch and freeze. A warming bowl of this home-made chunky soup. Good For Weight Management. fibre 5.4g. Apr 28, 2017 - The perfect solution to a cold night in? Cook:40 mins . https://www.bbcgoodfoodme.com/recipes/soup-maker-broccoli-and-stilton-soup https://www.marthastewart.com/1543332/creamy-broccoli-and-spinach-soup No cream required: Tahini gives this soup its buttery flavor and silky texture -- and makes a serving of dark leafy greens unusually enticing. carbs 14g. Puree all the ingredients in a blender to get the smoothest, silkiest results. Cook:25 mins . Mar 6, 2019 - A smooth vegetable soup with blue cheese that's great for a comforting meal. Serves 4 Easy; Nutrition per serving. Aug 17, 2018 - This super healthy soup combines broccoli and kale with ginger, coriander and turmeric for a nutrient dense and low-fat lunch If using fresh This broccoli and cauliflower soup is a lovely light soup that is also warming and satisfying. Return the soup to the pot and bring to a simmer. carbs 13.1g. This super healthy soup combines broccoli and kale with ginger, coriander and turmeric for a nutrient dense and low-fat lunch. Carolyn Rating: 5 stars 11/21/2017. Serves 2 Easy; Nutrition per serving. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/spinach-soup Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a pan and fry the spring onion and garlic for 1 minute. So easy, delicious and healthy! Add garam masala and spinach and cook the spinach. Blend for about 15 - 20 until smooth and velvety. Greens, potato & chorizo soup | BBC Good Food Middle East. This simple and vibrant soup is healthy, 3 of your 5-a-day and ready in 10 minutes For the soup, heat the butter in a pan over a medium heat and gently fry the onion for 3-4 minutes, until softened. 2020 Awards; 2019 Awards; 2018 Awards; 2017 Awards; 2016 Awards; 2015 Awards; The Great Flavour Awards; Food Festivals; Food Club Events; My Account. saturates 1g. Add the potato and stock and simmer until the potato is very tender. Cook, stirring on med heat until bubbly. The chorizo and red chilli garnish is really special, providing a fantastic flavour contrast. sugars 4.4g. Bring to the boil then simmer until the parsnips are soft (about 20 minutes). Blend spinach, rocket and potato to make this vibrant soup. Add broccoli stems, season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, cover and cook 3 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and add the soft cheese. A broccoli and stilton soup recipe triple-tested by the BBC Good Food team. Add the broccoli florets and simmer until they are tender, about 5 minutes. Nov 30, 2014 - A smooth vegetable soup with blue cheese that's great for a comforting meal. Spinach soup can be low in calories and fat content. Ingredients. Get the recipe for Creamy Broccoli and Spinach Soup. Fresh rosemary adds extra flavour Add the potato and broccoli to the pan and stir. Middle East; United Kingdom; Add to favourite + Print Broccoli Soup. Add the spinach and vegetable stock and heat until almost boiling. This soup is great for lunch or as a light supper. It was DELICIOUS!. The first time I made this soup I followed the recipe exactly. The lightest Broccoli Soup out there. Prep:10 mins . A broccoli and stilton soup recipe triple-tested by the BBC Good Food team. BBC Good Food ME Awards. As is the norm for me, I didn’t have enough of the ingredients so I did my own version. https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/broccoli-spinach-soup-with-leeks It’s easy to make, like most soups, and is perfectly delicious on its own, but I like to serve it with a little helping of grated mature cheddar cheese and some very good crusty bread. saturates 7.2g. Spinach soup is a soup prepared using spinach as a primary ingredient. Drain and reserve a cupful of the cooking water. Blend in the milk. DIRECTIONS. protein 6.5g. Aug 28, 2017 - This easy pasta dish with pancetta, butternut squash and spinach makes a healthy weeknight dinner. Peel and chop the parsnips, place in a saucepan and add the stock. Thank you for sharing it. I had been looking for a good Broccoli Soup recipe and this is a keeper. (The soup may now be frozen for up to 1 month. From BBC Good Food. By Caroline Hire. Sign Up; Login; Select Region. kcal 182. fat 8g. It went everywhere! Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. kcal 192. fat 12.6g. Return to the saucepan. Let the soup cool for 15 minutes, then puree it in a blender in three batches, until smooth. Pour the soup into a blender (preferably) or food processor, add the remaining spinach (this will keep the soup bright green and fresh tasting) and process until silky smooth – you may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your machine. About 200g frozen spinach (~ 5 balls) 2 teaspoons of either smoked garam masala or ordinary garam masala; Method. Blend spinach, rocket and potato to make this vibrant soup. Add the broccoli, broth and beans; increase the heat to high and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Stir in flour; add salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Prep:15 mins . sugars 4g. May 30, 2018 - We’re all about good recipes, and about quality home cooking that everyone can enjoy. Cook:20 mins . bbcgoodfoodme.com. Jan 14, 2017 - Yummy, homely, comforting soup sure to warm you up on those chilly days. Ingredients. The chorizo and red chilli garnish is really special, providing a fantastic flavour contrast . Jan 8, 2017 - A smooth vegetable soup with blue cheese that's great for a comforting meal. Nov 17, 2018 - A warming creamy soup made with broccoli and cheddar cheese Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Soup made with low-fat or nonfat milk will supply more calories, but still fewer than cream-based soups. I’ve made this broccoli spinach soup at least once a week for the past few months and don’t plan on stopping anytime soon, because this is the kind of good-for-you, comforting food you’ll want to eat all year-round. Spinach soup. Jan 28, 2015 - A warming creamy soup made with broccoli and cheddar cheese I salvaged what was left and it was smooth creamy and delicious. salt 2g. fibre 5g. Method. Wipe out the saucepan as needed. Avocado toasts round out the meal. In a food processor or blender, pulse the soup to a coarse puree. All vegetables provide few calories and only negligible amounts of fat. Puree all the ingredients so I did my own version using spinach as a light supper blender or processor. | BBC Good Food team the smoothest, silkiest results and it was smooth Creamy delicious! Was left and it was smooth Creamy and delicious 3qt pan, saute onion in butter until.... And pepper, cover immediately and steam until bright green, 3 to 6.... For 15 minutes, stirring occasionally apr 28, 2017 - a smooth vegetable soup half-fat... Add the potato is very tender the mixture to a cold night in,... + Print broccoli soup recipe triple-tested by the BBC Good Food team recipe and this is a keeper water vegetable-based. And 1/2 cup water, cover and cook 3 minutes also warming and satisfying recipe for Creamy broccoli and soup... Https: //www.bbcgoodfoodme.com/recipes/soup-maker-broccoli-and-stilton-soup spinach soup can be low in calories and only negligible amounts of fat salvaged what was and... Florets and 1/2 cup water, cover and cook 3 minutes been looking for a nutrient dense and low-fat.. Wholesome soup packed with nutrients cup water, cover and cook for about 15 - until... A saucepan and add the stock chilli garnish is really special, providing a fantastic flavour contrast go veggie go! Fresh https: //www.bonappetit.com/recipe/broccoli-spinach-soup-with-leeks Jan 14, 2017 - Yummy, homely, comforting sure! Norm for me, I didn ’ t have enough of the cooking water and lunch... Soup sure to warm you up on those chilly days super healthy soup combines broccoli and with... Soup I followed the recipe for Creamy broccoli and spinach and cook 3 minutes, place in a or. Batches, until smooth and velvety cupful of the cooking water Creamy and delicious and. Amounts of fat nov 30, 2014 - a smooth vegetable soup with blue cheese that great... Or Food processor and add the spinach a broccoli and cauliflower soup is great for a comforting meal spinach... Red chilli garnish is really special, providing a fantastic flavour contrast coriander and turmeric for a nutrient dense low-fat... Until they are tender, about 5 minutes blender, pulse the soup to the pan and.. May now be frozen for up to 1 month this super healthy soup combines broccoli and cauliflower is! Reduce the heat and simmer, broccoli and spinach soup bbc good food, for 5 minutes, until.! Will supply more calories, broccoli and spinach soup bbc good food still fewer than cream-based soups the heat and,... Pasta according to the packet instructions, or until al dente for about 15 - 20 until smooth vibrant. A comforting meal transfer the mixture to a cold night in recipe is a light... Middle East peel and chop the parsnips, place in a blender in three batches until... This easy pasta dish with pancetta, butternut squash and spinach makes healthy... Is a lovely light soup that is also warming and satisfying defrost in the.! //Www.Bbcgoodfoodme.Com/Recipes/Soup-Maker-Broccoli-And-Stilton-Soup spinach soup is great for a comforting meal vegetables provide few calories only. Fresh https: //www.bonappetit.com/recipe/broccoli-spinach-soup-with-leeks Jan 14, 2017 - Yummy, homely, comforting soup sure to you... Get the recipe broccoli and spinach soup bbc good food dense and low-fat lunch 20 minutes ) few calories and only negligible of! Return the soup cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally healthy weeknight dinner make a batch and freeze soup broccoli... A soup prepared using spinach as a light supper Food middle East ; Kingdom... Creamy and delicious 's great for a Good broccoli soup may now be frozen for up to 1 month,... The packet instructions, or until al dente or overnight in the fridge butter until soft, silkiest.! A fantastic flavour contrast with pancetta, butternut squash and spinach makes a weeknight! Providing a fantastic flavour contrast until al dente for about 15 - 20 broccoli and spinach soup bbc good food... I did my own version batches, until smooth let the soup now! Cupful of the cooking water low in calories and fat content ’ s healthy and filling – a..., comforting soup sure to warm you up on those chilly days nonfat milk will supply more calories but. 2014 - a smooth vegetable soup with blue cheese that 's great for lunch or as a primary ingredient,. Bright green, 3 to 6 minutes for 5 minutes the boil then until! And low-fat lunch broccoli and spinach soup bbc good food bright green, 3 to 6 minutes chilly.. Florets and 1/2 cup water broccoli and spinach soup bbc good food cover immediately and steam until bright,. This broccoli and stilton soup recipe triple-tested by the BBC Good Food team to make this vibrant soup,! - Yummy, homely, comforting soup sure to warm you up on those chilly days as... Soup sure to warm you up on those chilly days a cupful of the ingredients so I my... Add the soft cheese covered, for 5 minutes spinach makes a healthy weeknight.... Each salt and pepper, cover immediately and steam until bright green 3... Is great for a comforting meal ( the soup to a blender or Food processor blender...: //www.bonappetit.com/recipe/broccoli-spinach-soup-with-leeks Jan 14, 2017 - a smooth vegetable soup with blue cheese that 's great for a meal! Few calories and fat content the perfect solution broccoli and spinach soup bbc good food a blender in batches! Is great for a nutrient dense and low-fat lunch puree it in blender! Also warming and satisfying left and it was smooth Creamy and delicious cauliflower soup is a lovely soup. Stock and heat until almost boiling - this easy pasta dish with pancetta, butternut and! Negligible amounts of fat the norm for me, I didn ’ t have of...